Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

How often should we make a 'talkie' card

Sooner rather than later
13%
The current rate seems about right
31%
Later rather than sooner
13%
Never
31%
Potato Patatho
13%
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through Since we are over the hump, let's look at a question!

As spoiler season kicks into high gear, we have our second 'talkie' personnel and first virtual as such. This averages to one every thirty sets, or thereabouts. It is a neat thing to do in a game where the gametext does not usually have you say something to activate the ability.

In the poll above, let us know how frequently you want cards to have this feature, or not as the case may be. There is space below to elaborate with your thoughts on the function as well.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Do it if it feels right. Don't do it just to do it, and definitely don't overdo it.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Current rate (once every 14 years) feels about right :wink:

I'm not a huge fan, and normally just get around it by reading the text in its entirety out loud. What can I say? I don't like fun.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I love talkies, but because I understand that not everyone likes them, I'm OK with them being extremely rare.

I will note that I am very sad that the Glossary entry for the 1E card Klingon Death Yell explicitly states that you don't actually have to yell to score the points. I prefer to do this as loud as possible. :shifty:

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I’m ok with the new one because, as stated in the Q&A thread, the actual line of dialogue was an impactful moment that had an effect on the characters and subsequently implications for the larger narrative.

In contrast, Rule #33 always seemed odd to me because, if I recall correctly, the actual recitation of the rule wasn’t ever on the show a catalyst for some kind of subsequent important action, even in the scene shown on the card. So if that’s the case why is that particular rule a talkie and not any of the others?
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation