This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Cards of reference:
Full Complement of Shuttles
The Final Frontier

I'm unsure if crew that are aboard a "report with crew" action are considered to be "play"-ed in the sense that the Final Frontier restricts. The glossary doesn't really say one way or the other under the "report with crew" section. Is the ship considered the "play" and the crew just happen to come along for the ride, or are both considered a combined "play"?

Thanks!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
stressedoutatumc wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:25 pm Cards of reference:
The Final Frontier

I'm unsure if crew that are aboard a "report with crew" action are considered to be "play"-ed in the sense that the Final Frontier restricts. The glossary doesn't really say one way or the other under the "report with crew" section. Is the ship considered the "play" and the crew just happen to come along for the ride, or are both considered a combined "play"?

Thanks!

Short answer: Yes it violates TFF. Don't do that.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Use the glossary. Search for the word "play."

It's literally the first line in the entry for "card play."

"A card play refers to any card played by any means (normal card play for the turn, normal interrupt or doorway play, a card played "for free," downloaded into play, Devidian Door, etc.), except those "drawn" from a side deck (such as a Tactic card drawn from a Battle Bridge side deck)."

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The only way to get around restrictions like that is Seeding or swapping. Seeding a personnel or ship is not playing it. This doesn't include Downloading during the seed phase, which is still downloading and therefore playing. Persona Swapping and the like (waiting for you, morphing) aren't "playing" the personnel or ship, either.

I can't get the glossary to load right now, I will report back with supporting links when I have a better data connection.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
winterflames wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:22 am The only way to get around restrictions like that is Seeding or swapping. Seeding a personnel or ship is not playing it. This doesn't include Downloading during the seed phase, which is still downloading and therefore playing. Persona Swapping and the like (waiting for you, morphing) aren't "playing" the personnel or ship, either.

I can't get the glossary to load right now, I will report back with supporting links when I have a better data connection.
I was pondering if the "play" was the shuttle and the personnel were more along for the ride, so to speak, since the shuttle can be played with or without crew. Appreciate the replay, though!

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:27 pm
stressedoutatumc wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 5:25 pm Cards of reference:
The Final Frontier

Thanks!

Short answer: Yes it violates TFF. Don't do that.
I was pondering if the "play" was the shuttle and the personnel were more along for the ride, so to speak, since the shuttle can be played with or without crew. Appreciate the replay, though!

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Each card is reported as a separate sub-action of the report with crew group action, and may be responded to appropriately
From glossary: Report with crew

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
A few posts inadvertently made here were moved to the "Star Power" thread.
German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Both these ideas have elements that interest me as[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]