For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Faithful Reader wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 12:29 pm
jadziadax8 wrote:
GooeyChewie wrote:
I've only seen the first episode so far, but I agree. She didn't really feel like the same person we met in TOS. Not that I dislike either interpretation, but it seems more like this Chapel is the original Chapel's spunky little sister.
At least she’s not all lovelorn over Spock. Yet.
Hopefully this doesn't become a character defining trait.
Agreed. I just watched Amok Time a couple of weeks ago and it was painful to watch Chapel.
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I Didn't really care for Number 1's Relationship with *******. Gotta Love Trek's Wokeness in their new show's! :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I agree. Star Trek has been pushing against the limit of what they could get passed the censors since they started.
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote:
StateofSTCCG wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:23 am I Didn't really care for Number 1's Relationship with *******. Gotta Love Trek's Wokeness in their new show's! :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
As Robert Hewitt Wolfe - a writer for DS9 - might say... "You're a moron."
https://www.thegamer.com/star-trek-woke ... -response/
As Joe Rogan would say... "Go F*** Yourself"

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  

When will they finally stop doing these prequels that are prone to create a mess. I just don't understand why they cannot continue after Nemesis/Voyager, instead of rehashing old stuff with actors that play roles we have seen done before in a way that makes it hard to watch some of these new people in the same role.. I guess I am just old and cranky... but this new stuff (Discovery/SNW) is just not my cup of tea.
Picard was acceptable. It was at least a continuation not a prequel.
:P :cheersR:

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I liked prodigy and lower decks, which are also Post-Voyager. Heck, even if they just made a show set during TNG or DS9 but from a non-human standpoint. I really enjoyed the look into non-starfleet crews that Lower Decks had. Gimme more Cetacean Ops! Gimme more Klingon/Vulcan crew POV shows.

I liked the Magnificent Ferengi episode of DS9, too.

By Marquetry
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Prodigy was ok, but my least favorite of the new shows even with Janeway.

Love Discovery, love Picard, really loving Strange New Worlds so far!
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
Marquetry wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 1:21 pm Prodigy was ok, but my least favorite of the new shows even with Janeway.
"I am pleased to see that we have differences. May we together become greater than the sum of both of us." -- Surak, "The Savage Curtain"

Prodigy has been my favorite so far. Maybe it's because I get to share it with my 7-year-old, but I also think it's just a very strong version of what Star Trek is supposed to be.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
StateofSTCCG wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 12:23 am I Didn't really care for Number 1's Relationship with *******. Gotta Love Trek's Wokeness in their new show's! :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Nobody's forcing you to watch the new stuff. Feel free to go back to the gold old days when jadzia kisses another woman, riker develops a relationship with nonbinary individual who seeks to transition, and trip/tpol have an interracial interspecies baby.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:36 pm
Nobody's forcing you to watch the new stuff. Feel free to go back to the gold old days when jadzia kisses another woman, riker develops a relationship with nonbinary individual who seeks to transition, and trip/tpol have an interracial interspecies baby.
Yeah, Trek being progressive is nothing new. Was actually kind of talking about this earlier today with some friends... since a lot of early TNG scripts were actually old TOS/Phase II scripts, they would have been borderline Revolutionary for the time.

Take everyone's "favorite" TNG episode: Code of Honor. Watching it in the late 1980s, it was pretty terrible and racist, but rewind even twenty years to the late 1960s, and people would have said "look at how bold Roddenberry was to make a planet where black people are in charge!" Assuming the network even allowed such an episode, they'd probably get complaints from the deep south refusing to air it like the Betty White show when she refused to get rid of Arthur Duncan.

I'm also old enough to remember discovering TNG, getting hooked, and having a bunch of crunchy old trekkers bitch about how TNG could never top TOS and how the new cast and stories were terrible, etc.

People like what they like. Watch what works for you.

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Having just finished the 3rd episode of SNW...

I find myself saddened by the CCG loss of license and ability to make cards based on new material more then I have been since it happened. I really enjoy Lower Decks and Prodigy, but damn does SNW feel like Star Trek.

(That said, this last episode also reminded me of Dr. Who in a few bits, like the alien planet, the hallways, and the running, but also the SPOILER. But reminded me in a *good* way.)

it's not perfect, there are quibbles, but I can nitpick any of the shows and I have. But very much like TNG/DS9 (for me), it's that - nitpicking. The show is good enough that I don't care about the quirks I find with it.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:36 pm
I might not be "forced" to watch but I don't have to sit back and let them Destroy Trek. Most people have hated the new stuff Paramount has been bring out even before Discovery.

As far as the Gold old days of Trek, Yes I enjoy watching a good ole Kiss from Jadzia. I even watch it alone at times.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Maybe I'm just dense, but I have no idea what the starred out word is supposed to be? Or what relationship she has that's "woke"?

By Cartagia
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:06 am
Maybe I'm just dense, but I have no idea what the starred out word is supposed to be? Or what relationship she has that's "woke"?
I was wondering the same thing. I assume it is La'an, but as far as the show has shown they are just close friends, which really says even more about the comment.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation