First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Clerasil ToB wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:09 pm The Unrelenting Lust for Profit Is it on purpose, that this card might be seeded at Quark's Bar, but be rather useless there (1st Rule cannot be downloaded there) ?
Doesn't say 1st Rule has to download there. If you've seeded a suitable ship, it can go there instead.
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
AllenGould wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:19 pm
Clerasil ToB wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:09 pm The Unrelenting Lust for Profit Is it on purpose, that this card might be seeded at Quark's Bar, but be rather useless there (1st Rule cannot be downloaded there) ?
Doesn't say 1st Rule has to download there. If you've seeded a suitable ship, it can go there instead.
True but useless for my idea :shifty: :shifty: :shifty:
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 -  
Community Contributor
IIRC, for most of its design-phase life, Unrelenting Lust either played on table or on a [Fer] Ship or Facility. Quark's was injected at the end because, well, it seemed cool, and because so many Ferengi decks revolve around it. I don't recall why it was limited to a trading post.

A not-terrible trick is to seed Unrelenting Lust on Quark's Bar, then download 1st Rule to your Tower of Commerce.

FUN FACT: The working title of this card was "He Has The Lobes."
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 -  
Community Contributor
Huh! I have no memory of writing this!

Not a bad article, though. (Although there's a couple rules errors in the last paragraph, shame on me.) Obviously I was having a little in-joke with myself with that title. :)

Man, I should play a Ferengi deck.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:26 pm Huh! I have no memory of writing this!

Not a bad article, though. (Although there's a couple rules errors in the last paragraph, shame on me.) Obviously I was having a little in-joke with myself with that title. :)

Man, I should play a Ferengi deck.
Whenever I think the same thing, I quickly end up remembering that Ferengi really are the underpants gnomes of 1e.
Step 1: get a bunch of random stuff into play
Step 2: ??????
Step 3: Watch the opponent win

But if I ever figure something out, it will greatly surpass Snipers for title of "most randomly ingenious deck ever"

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Caretaker's Guest wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 11:36 pm Well, I had great fun with a Brunt's Shuttle-DropDeck with a bunch of guns, Padds and Treachery x2 peps and not taking orders from anyone at planets :) .

https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/ind ... ckID=26805

And stay tuned for The Glöööööckler :) .
Ha! I do not take orders from you abuse is on my short of "things to look into". I may have to revisit this and borrow from your deck.
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]