Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through Since we are over the hump, let's look at a question!

This week, let's talk equipment. Not just any equipment, the star power equipment!

Typically, we think of star power as nouns. A Picard. A Defiant. An Earth. Personnel, Ships and Missions.

But no equipment.

I know there are some popular equipment cards in the game, including those that are artifacts and take some work to get in play, but are any of them stars?

Let us know which equipment are cool enough to be stars!
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I have a soft spot for Zefram Cochrane's Shotgun. It’s fun to shoot people in the face with it.

Note to @eberlems: I think the apostrophe problems are back.
Last edited by jadziadax8 on Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:47 pm I have a soft spot for Zefram Cochrane’s Shotgun. It’s fun to shoot people in the face with it.

If anyone knows about shooting people in the face with Zef's shotgun it's @eberlems ... dude rocked some SICK tech a couple months back.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
abargar7510 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:23 pm I feel like Multidimensional Transporter Device is ripe for exploitation.
It's one of those cards that sounds a lot cooler than it actually is.

The problem is you're still limited by the rule of three, so it's hard to set up a proper combo.

If you actually pull some shenanigans, let me know... I'd love to see it in action!
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
Armus wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:03 pm
jadziadax8 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:47 pm I have a soft spot for Zefram Cochrane's Shotgun. It’s fun to shoot people in the face with it.

If anyone knows about shooting people in the face with Zef's shotgun it's @eberlems ... dude rocked some SICK tech a couple months back.
looks to me like ' [%u0027](Apostrophe) isn't a match for ’ [%u2019](Right Single Quotation Mark)
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
eberlems wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:42 am
Armus wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:03 pm
jadziadax8 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:47 pm I have a soft spot for Zefram Cochrane's Shotgun. It’s fun to shoot people in the face with it.

looks to me like ' [%u0027](Apostrophe) isn't a match for ’ [%u2019](Right Single Quotation Mark)
Gaaah! F@*k Apple.

Edited on my Computer and everything is fine.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
I would say the Orbs are star power for the Bajorans. While other affiliations can use them, Blessed of the Prophets helps dramatically. A few equipment seem prominent enough to be counted as "star power," but aren't impactful enough to see a lot of play, like Data's Emotion Chip.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
abargar7510 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:23 pm I feel like Multidimensional Transporter Device is ripe for exploitation.
Before we had a [KCA] HQ, I made deck that swapped in [AU] folks for their [AQ] counterparts using Multidimensional Transporter Device. It was a DS9 deck, IIRC. I believe I used Souls of the Dead to retrieve the equipment and use it more than 3 times. It wasn't a good deck, but it was fun to play.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:52 pm
It's one of those cards that sounds a lot cooler than it actually is.

The problem is you're still limited by the rule of three, so it's hard to set up a proper combo.

If you actually pull some shenanigans, let me know... I'd love to see it in action!
:::goes off to start searching for high-cost personnel:::

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
jadziadax8 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:19 pm Before we had a [KCA] HQ, I made deck that swapped in [AU] folks for their [AQ] counterparts using Multidimensional Transporter Device. It was a DS9 deck, IIRC. I believe I used Souls of the Dead to retrieve the equipment and use it more than 3 times. It wasn't a good deck, but it was fun to play.
Some day I'm going to get around to building a Relativity deck which uses Temporal Transporters to get a Federation Worf and Multidimensional Transporter Device to switch him out to Governor of H'atoria, who won't get got by the ship next turn. I just know that all this work will get undone by Secret Identity in the next attempt, but that's why I'd also stock K'mtar and/or Korath!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Kmtar in a Relativity deck? :Spock Eyebrow:

I'm not sure that works the way you think it works

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Armus wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:34 pm Kmtar in a Relativity deck? :Spock Eyebrow:

I would include him solely to catch people off guard when they assume using Secret Identity on my lone [Kli] personnel will make it so that I cannot replace him. I'm not trying to get the event download. That part wouldn't work, not only because I don't have a way to actually play K'mtar but also because Prevent Historical Disruption doesn't require Diplomacy.
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
GooeyChewie wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:26 pm
jadziadax8 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:19 pm Before we had a [KCA] HQ, I made deck that swapped in [AU] folks for their [AQ] counterparts using Multidimensional Transporter Device. It was a DS9 deck, IIRC. I believe I used Souls of the Dead to retrieve the equipment and use it more than 3 times. It wasn't a good deck, but it was fun to play.
Some day I'm going to get around to building a Relativity deck which uses Temporal Transporters to get a Federation Worf and Multidimensional Transporter Device to switch him out to Governor of H'atoria, who won't get got by the ship next turn. I just know that all this work will get undone by Secret Identity in the next attempt, but that's why I'd also stock K'mtar and/or Korath!
That sounds fun!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
GooeyChewie wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:54 pm
Armus wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:34 pm Kmtar in a Relativity deck? :Spock Eyebrow:

I would include him solely to catch people off guard when they assume using Secret Identity on my lone [Kli] personnel will make it so that I cannot replace him. I'm not trying to get the event download. That part wouldn't work, not only because I don't have a way to actually play K'mtar but also because Prevent Historical Disruption doesn't require Diplomacy.
Ok yeah I get the concept, but wouldn't Korath and his event destruction ability be a better play?

Running K'mtar in a deck where he literally can't be played breaks my brain! :P
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]