For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Cartagia wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:36 pm
Faithful Reader wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:58 amWhy was this alien playing with Rurika? If it loved the tales so much, why was she is her quarters (M'Benga's quarters?") the whole time?
I'm not sure what you're saying here? Debra specifically says that she reached out mentally and found Rurika, whose loneliness was similar to her own ad they bonded over that.
That works for the first thirty seconds but two episodes ago, she was having fun with the First Servant. I understand that Debra might not be used to others but Rurika certainly is. Why not introduce Debra to the rest of the ship? Debra took care of Rurika's illness so that wasn't an issue. Plus, no one could see how she rocked that princess dress. What ten year old would voluntarily stay in her quarters when a literal fantasy world from your imagination had been created for you on the ship?

It seems like they were backpedaling to justify the plot.
Cartagia wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:36 pmRurkia also says that she could see what was going on the whole time ("You were doing so good, Daddy!"), so I imagine it was somewhat like a video game to her.
While there are some people that enjoying watching video games more than playing them, including a buddy of mine, we are social creatures. It is not unheard of for someone to enjoy this vicariously but while it is possible for a kiddo to do so, I have a hard time considering that to be the norm, especially in this instance.
 -  
That was heart wrenching. Hemmer has not been around a lot but was a great guy and the first Aenar as a lead and first lead portrayed by someone with significant vision impairment. He went out with his head held high and was a mentor to everyone, especially Uhura. Kudos and goodbye Bruce Horak.

The heart was not the only bodily organ on display; so much gore. This was a downright horror and while I still not a fan of how the Gorn are used in this series, this was a great use of them and would probably not been as effective if not for their appearances earlier this season.
jadziadax8 wrote:So…many…tropes. 😵
And so many puppets. They used digital effects to get rid of the puppeteers, as have become the trend recently, but this is good old school tech.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
goodbye Bruce Horak
I wouldn’t be too sure…
 -  
For a show called Strange New Worlds, redoing an episode of The Original Series is an interesting choice. The effects were top notch but this did not really add much to the story since we know that someone tried to reach the Preator in that episode as well.

Having Ortegas take Stiles' role of asshole is interesting but does not match someone who knew Spock for that long or someone who knows when to be quiet. Or someone who was Chin-Riley's friend for that matter.

Chin-Rileys capture is more than a bit reminiscent of Freeman at the end of Lower Decks season two and is continuing the criminal underuse of her character. Of the big three, she is the one whose fate is unknown. She should have been front and center but was sidelined for most of the series for some reason.

It does not help that we were told back in Discovery that Pike was making a choice when showed his fate.

Some great visuals but something else could have gone better.

-  
Really like this show. It's optimistic in tone despite of the hopelessness in some of these stories. Only wish they had 23 episode season... but the quality was generally really good -- and I cried during the "light" fairytale cosplay episode.

Hoping they bottle some of that optimism and hope for next season.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I'm late the the party on this..... I just starting watching this show. I had given up on there every being such a thing as Star Trek again after Picard turned into simply the most horrible thing I'd ever watched.

But I heard good things about SNW. I'm through 5 episodes and I love it. The "problem of the week" and episodes focusing on specific characters is back as is great story telling. I judge Star Trek by asking myself, "is this suitable to watch with a child, and will the child learn anything valuable from watching it?" That Star Trek seemed long gone but SNW has breathed life back into my fandom.
Question for noob

That's the question. The Isolinear Rods downloads […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]