This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

What are you looking forward the most to in Paradise Lost?

Khan decks
27%
Sybok decks
27%
Something else
46%
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Hello all and welcome to your Friday Question! Today we saw the start of the Paradise Lost spoilers - a set based around Khan, Sybok and their respective followers!

So it’s an easy question this week: What are you looking forward to the most in Paradise Lost?

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Look at my profile name and see if you can guess.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I know that everyone's been wanting to bring back/ expand Khan and Sybok.

I just hope nothing here breaks Worlds... :cross:

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Armus wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:26 pm I know that everyone's been wanting to bring back/ expand Khan and Sybok.

The thought of Khan returning to the meta will no doubt have players shaken, but with the cull to Ceti Eel and invasive Beam In, combined with the more controlled tricks we've added, our chesty boy will be good but not broken :)

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
To all those that voted 'something else', one of the last cards on the PDF will make you think about how you combo Dilemmas, especially if you love 4 card combos...

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
It's not that I specifically looking forward to something else. I'm just not looking forward to more Khan or Sybok decks. =/
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Hoss-Drone wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:13 am After seeing kaisers channel spoiler I can now vote something else as it will very likely be my favorite card from the set.
This was the card I was thinking of when I voted for other.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
sexecutioner wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:21 pm
Armus wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:26 pm I know that everyone's been wanting to bring back/ expand Khan and Sybok.

The thought of Khan returning to the meta will no doubt have players shaken, but with the cull to Ceti Eel and invasive Beam In, combined with the more controlled tricks we've added, our chesty boy will be good but not broken :)
Invasive Beam-In + Memory Wipe + Khan?
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
OrionSyndicate wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:54 pm

That is an option, but the change on Ceti Eel from Every turn to Each turn meaning you can’t Eel during opponent’s turn will make this less effective than in previous Khan lockdown decks.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
KazonPADD wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:07 pm
OrionSyndicate wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:54 pm

That is an option, but the change on Ceti Eel from Every turn to Each turn meaning you can’t Eel during opponent’s turn will make this less effective than in previous Khan lockdown decks.
There's always killing them.

Michael

By ShipNerd
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I like that the game gets the option for 2 more themes.

And that they have been reworked, so that sybok will be hopefully usefull and khan will not be OP. Played many matches aginst the "take all opponents personnel in turn 1-4" decks from a fellow german. was quite a challenge. no wonder it was eventually banned when another person played it in a tournament.

More Themes :thumbsup:
great cards for both :thumbsup:
Are Optional :thumbsup:
because
hopefully Balanced :thumbsup:

From the cards, i love Refugee Guinen: Because she finaly has the skills that fit to her (Diplo, Anthro+Honor). And Professor Scott, because he solves the RANGe deficit a bit, without making more unnesseaary unrealistic ship stats.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'll take it all. I was disappointed that we didn't get the [NA] SS Lokul or the [NA] / [Kli] Merchantman, but was happy with the two [CF] ships we did get. New items for Khan and Sybok created more deck options for the the [CF] era. When I do build decks, I build era specific blocks to fight each other. I'm still hoping they make [EE] into an era icon in the next set (this is normally where someone explains to me where the [EE] icon came from, which I know because I was actually collecting and playing the game when it came out back in the late 1990's). If not an era icon, then perhaps just a utility icon for non- [1E-AU] First Contact, Insurrection, Nemesis, and perhaps non- [1E-DQ] Voyager cards.

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]