This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
So, I've always honestly been confused on this point, but given what just happened at Kaiserfest this may be the time to finally ask.

When using STP report feature...is that an Execute Orders Phase action? Does it count as your "normal" play/take the place of it? Is it something that can happen during your report phase?

Thanks!

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
stressedoutatumc wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:42 pm So, I've always honestly been confused on this point, but given what just happened at Kaiserfest this may be the time to finally ask.

When using STP report feature...is that an Execute Orders Phase action? Does it count as your "normal" play/take the place of it? Is it something that can happen during your report phase?

Thanks!
STP says, "at any time", so AFAIK, you can use it at Interrupt speed.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
boromirofborg wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:54 pm
stressedoutatumc wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:42 pm So, I've always honestly been confused on this point, but given what just happened at Kaiserfest this may be the time to finally ask.

Thanks!
:thumbsup: and to build off that, its slower that QTR. So if you get a massive draw up in some way, your opponent still gets a suspend play window to scorched hand you. That's why Peter had to draw out an opponents referee move before revealing the trick.

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:16 pm

Thanks!
:thumbsup: and to build off that, its slower that QTR. So if you get a massive draw up in some way, your opponent still gets a suspend play window to scorched hand you. That's why Peter had to draw out an opponents referee move before revealing the trick.
I'm surprised no one had a Temporal Micro-Wormhole to counter it (maybe he used revolving door?). I consider running TMW just against STP drop, but unfortunately I am a seed slot junky and always have too many non-dilemma seeds as it is.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
geraldkw wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:31 pm

I'm surprised no one had a Temporal Micro-Wormhole to counter it (maybe he used revolving door?). I consider running TMW just against STP drop, but unfortunately I am a seed slot junky and always have too many non-dilemma seeds as it is.
Yes, he had revolving door to stop it but revolving door is unique so 2x TMW deals with it but that's not a 1e otf world we should have to live in.

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:38 pm
geraldkw wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:31 pm

Yes, he had revolving door to stop it but revolving door is unique so 2x TMW deals with it but that's not a 1e otf world we should have to live in.
Agree.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
It seems amazing to me he pulled this off 3 times. I'd think it would have blown up in his face at least once.

I think from a design standpoint CC can just ask itself "would we ever design a card that allows an unlimited number of <something>?" at which point the answer is probably going to be "no, because someone would break it". And that's why EN and STP should be changed to limit the number so the cards can still exist out there with the same purpose but not at game break quantities.

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
TWM, it’s only a game, scorched hand.
Three cards that end his day.
Yes he can try and bait out q-ref, or revolving door, but if you have a 50 card hand and start saying that’s cool there is no way you get a free event ever from a smart opponent.
The deck is brilliant art and part of what has always made 1e great, but this deck has several counters to it already.
That’s before we even Discuss the effect of not dilemmas slowing him down giving you more time to prepare for it.
Clearly it caught people off guard but now it’s known and it’s also not a easy deck to hide as soon as you see the nor you have a huge leg up
Now and it should be easy to defend against.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
The next regular Balance window is on September 5th. There are a couple of events between then and now. I am fairly interested in seeing whether anyone tries this at those events -- and, if so, whether it goes off or just fizzles out.

If someone pulls off a tourney win with this deck again, after all the discussion, that's probably a sign that something is amiss. If not, though, that might be a different story.

(I'm not on Balance and am thus just running my mouth.)
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]