This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
So obviously Empok Nor is going to be a major discussion point after worlds, and I think there's near universal agreement that *something* needs to be tweaked.

But I'm actually wanted to talk about a side issue. Assume that the (beautifully brilliant) strategy was limited, probably thru limits on STP drop.

I think EN itself should probably be made slightly easier. I've seen talk on discord and the like about more EN dilemmas, but I think in the current overall meta, EN being able to be taken on turn 1 regularly would be a good thing:

1. Nors are good for the game overall, in that they promote interaction. Come fight for it.
2. The flavor is amazing.

At it's core, I like the idea of a Klingon/Romulan nor. I want to see more things promoting it, bot also promoting Nors in general, and promoting Nors being used normally for in-game.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Empok Nor Affiliation Overlays! (alt prints?)
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
boromirofborg wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:09 pm
winterflames wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:50 pm Empok Nor Affiliation Overlays! (alt prints?)
I have always wanted that so badly. The Borg assimilation overlays are one of my favorite things about the game.
We have looked into getting overlays done a few times. The cost is always prohibitively expensive.

-crp

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
MidnightLich wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:46 pm We have looked into getting overlays done a few times. The cost is always prohibitively expensive.

-crp
I'd imagine. But I'd just be happy with alternate prints of the backside.

By phaserihardlyknowher (Ben Daeuber)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
MidnightLich wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:46 pm We have looked into getting overlays done a few times. The cost is always prohibitively expensive.

-crp
Out of curiosity, how would you do it if you could? It could be done with a laser cutter and some cardstock, but have you looked into the plastic overlays? Because I could cut that, but not print it.
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
Here, there are printable "Overhead Folien" which could translate to "overhead transparencies"?
Those could be used for overlays, but the last time I used them, it was easy to leave scratch marks and paint didn't stick perfectly.

For lackey I got my hands on recreated borg overlays, partial transparent images.

By phaserihardlyknowher (Ben Daeuber)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Oh yeah, I've seen those; I might even have some in the basement. It could be cut on a glowforge or a cricut.

Hmmm... I might have to see if I can borrow an original from Matthew and create and svg template. Could be a fun project.

By flrazor (Jeremy Benedict)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
phaserihardlyknowher wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:55 pm

-crp
Out of curiosity, how would you do it if you could? It could be done with a laser cutter and some cardstock, but have you looked into the plastic overlays? Because I could cut that, but not print it.
One of the print vendors the CC has worked with has a digital press that could do a white ink layer and then print on top on a heavy clear stock, similar to the original overlays. He's not kidding about prohibitive cost, once you get press compatible stock (IF you can find it anymore at all), the white ink (which requires the whole system to be cleaned out=long prep time), and the contour cutting.

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
I'd say limit Empok Nor to one equipment per site. That way if you build up the station you could get a decent amount of equipment, but not an unreasonable amount.

By Dukat (Andreas Rheinländer)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
1E German National Runner-Up 2024
eberlems wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:36 pm Here, there are printable "Overhead Folien" which could translate to "overhead transparencies"?
Those could be used for overlays, but the last time I used them, it was easy to leave scratch marks and paint didn't stick perfectly.

For lackey I got my hands on recreated borg overlays, partial transparent images.
Exactly!

A pack of 20 transparancies costs about 10 bucks.
You can make 5 cards per piece, so about 100. Even if they get a little bit damage over time, you can always make more.

It's super cheap and super easy, as one needs nothing but a cheap inkjet printer.

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
If you stick one layer of a self adhesive transparent foil over your overlay it is save from scratches. Alternatively, the overlay could also be varnished after printing.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
... I admit, this is a cool side leg I created. However, I was thinking something more like the printable otf boxes, where the neutral empok nor prints off with your deck, but you can switch to a different page to print off your preferred Commandeered Nor slip. Select Nor name, end affiliation, and print. Could be a premium product, and have a 3x3 (9up?) of pregnerated AQ affiliation Empok Nors as a download for free.

I had said, in another thread, that limiting the download to 2 [Equ] per site sounds best, since there are only 4 sites which allow equipment to report.
Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]