You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.
  • 269 posts

By TReebel (Ted Reebel)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:31 pm
TReebel wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:29 pm
pfti wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:20 pm

I can also bring the ingredients for Chicago Handshakes if we want to start worlds properly
Would definately want to hear more about whatever these might be LOL
It's a shot and a beer with Jeppson's Malört and Old Style.
Thanks definately sounds both interesting and dangerous

By TReebel (Ted Reebel)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:44 pm We don't drink Malört because we like it. We drink it because we hate ourselves. :P
LOL sounds like something i might have to try

By TReebel (Ted Reebel)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hey would anyone be up for a 2E game need to test a new deck build that I might be playing next week

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
jadziadax8 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:44 pm We don't drink Malört because we like it. We drink it because we hate ourselves. :P
Well it's got Mal right in the name.

"Mal, bad... in the Latin". - River Tam

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Not sure if it's too early yet, but has or does someone plan on contacting the venue to ensure they are still going to be able to accommodate us now that Hurricane Ian has passed?

Team Prof Scott marked as safe, BTW.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Professor Scott wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:49 pm Not sure if it's too early yet, but has or does someone plan on contacting the venue to ensure they are still going to be able to accommodate us now that Hurricane Ian has passed?

Team Prof Scott marked as safe, BTW.
Eric R (@rycar60) is the owner of the store. We were in contact with him this morning. His house was without power, he had not checked the store yet. We'll check back in with him tomorrow.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
I saw some overhead shots of flooding in Orlando area, so I just wanted to make sure in case we need to scramble for another venue since we are now less than a week out and many folks are coming from out of town. I guess that behooves folks to check with their respective accommodations as well.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Professor Scott wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:01 am I saw some overhead shots of flooding in Orlando area, so I just wanted to make sure in case we need to scramble for another venue since we are now less than a week out and many folks are coming from out of town. I guess that behooves folks to check with their respective accommodations as well.
FWIW, Maggie started a group text with myself and a few of the Florida folks (including Eric and Daniel) several days ago. She or I will report back if we need to enact any contingency plans, but at this point we want to make sure our players and their families are safe first and foremost.

Glad to hear Prof Scott & Co. are A-ok! :cheersL:
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
According to the Campus Cards & Games Facebook page, they've been without power through today and had a hole in their ceiling - but they updated tonight with a post that they plan to re-open on Monday, so things are improving.

By monty42 (Benjamin Liebich)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
2E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Chancellor
2E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E German National Champion 2022
Wishing all the best to all our floridian brothers and sisters!

If anybody wants to test their decks on lackey before worlds, just shoot me a PM.
I'm taking some vacation days this week looking to test some of my decks for german nationals...
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
OKCoyote wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:11 pm According to the Campus Cards & Games Facebook page, they've been without power through today and had a hole in their ceiling - but they updated tonight with a post that they plan to re-open on Monday, so things are improving.
I’m so happy to hear this.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
OKCoyote wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:11 pm According to the Campus Cards & Games Facebook page, they've been without power through today and had a hole in their ceiling - but they updated tonight with a post that they plan to re-open on Monday, so things are improving.
Great to hear, thanks for the update Daniel.

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
LORE wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:17 am
Marquetry wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:32 pm ... we'll see how many Michael and Ken actually end up with :P
Am I reading this right? Are you saying Ken is coming? :cross:
Someone had to break the monotony of the flags beside everyone's names on the tournament sign up pages ;)
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation