This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  

Glossary says:

... A landed ship may not be targeted by any card that targets a ship, unless the card specifically allows it to target a landed ship. ...

However, according to the glossary Alien Parasites does affect landed ships although the card doesn't specifically target a landed ship.
The glossary mentions "a ship associated with the crew" which I agree on when beaming down. But coming from a landed ship, the crew didn't 'beam and attempt' but rather walked onto the planet, then attempted, not really what the dilemma says wants you to do when controlling ('beam back')

How about God? God does not specifically mention 'landed ship', so a landed ship should be safe. Correct?

I remember playing back in the day that landed ships are safe from both dilemmas, but maybe that changed over the years?

Thanks
:)
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I'm pretty sure that landed ships are safe from "God".

I also think that the Alien Parasites entry could be correct if you go with the "specific overrides the general" rule of thumb.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
My problem with that entry is is switches between "That ship" and "that ship/facility" without explaining how it might end up effecting a facility.

Done.

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]

Thermokinetic explosion

It would hit because your total attibutes at the t[…]

1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]