For other non-gameplay topics, especially those related to Star Trek and the Star Trek CCG, non-gameplay surveys, trivia questions and puzzles, constructive commentary and more.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The final season of Star Trek: Picard is upon us! For a bit of fun, let's do a daft. Since this is supposed to be the last hurrah for The Next Generation, a season eight if you will, we'll incorporate that into the contest.

Below you'll find the names of the characters from both series. You will need to tell me how many episodes you think they will appear in. Whomever has the most correct, wins. In the event of a tie, whomever has the earlier entry will win.

A few ground rules:

No Repeating! Once a selection is made, it is off the board. Also, there are ten episodes in total, so you'll want to keep your guesses at or below that.

Okay, SOME repeating is allowed. You may repeat a number in your own entry i.e. you may have three tens.

No one is perfect! You may not have tens across the board!

This will close on February 16 for reasons that are hopefully obvious.

Have fun!

Jean-Luc Picard
Geordi La Forge
Worf
William Riker
Dr. Beverly Crusher
Deanna Troi
Lore
Last edited by Faithful Reader on Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Faithful Reader wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:59 am Jean Luc Picard -10
Geordi La Forge - 3
Worf - 3
William Riker -4
Dr. Beverly Crusher -4
Deanna Troi-2
Lore
Added for fun
Guinan -2
Agnes/Queen-2
Seven -1
Wesley-1
Q-4
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Jean-Luc Picard - 2
Geordi La Forge - 9
Worf - 9
William Riker - 9
Dr. Beverly Crusher - 9
Deanna Troi - 9
Lore

By Spock with a Goatee (Stephen R Sanders)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Jena Luc Picard 10 (obviously)
Geordi La Forge 4 (shows up for the
Lore
plot thread, sticks around for a bit.
Worf 6 (a major character in the season)
William Riker 7 (in most of the episodes)
Dr. Beverly Crusher 5 (Picard and Riker have to find her, so she’s in the back half of the season.
Deanna Troi 4 (Is in the first episode so with Riker, stays back on Nepenthe for a bit, shows up at the end for the final battle or whatever.

Lore
Professor Moriarty

Wildcard Guesses

Wesley Crusher: 1
Guinan: 1
Tasha/Sela/someone else played by Denise Crosby: 1
A DS9 Character: 1 (they’ve said that they want to tie this season in to the Dominion War. With Worf being around this might be the time for a DS9 cameo. Ezri Dax would make the most sense but might be too much of a deep cut. O’Brien for the TNG crossover or maybe Quark for the comedy?
Picard and Beverly’s secret son
: 4 (I really hope that this doesn’t happen but this being a 2020s streaming show and given how seasons 1 and 2 went, I think it will.

I won’t be watching this show on release since I can’t easily access Paramount+ now that I’m living in South Korea. I plan to wait until the season ends and if it gets a better response from fans than the first two, I’ll get the Blu-ray. So it will be a while until I can see if my predictions are correct.
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
The Next Generation had its moments, particularly anytime Riker and Picard are onscreen. Shaw is a bit of a jerk, both to these heralded officers but also Seven. but this is a solid introduction to the situation, Rumors abound for Raffi's handler but we'll see. Plus, Crusher goes all out dangerous.

Looking at the draft, no one is out of it yet. Bear in mind that Gates and Frakes both got guest star credits, so higher numbers might not be too great.
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Faithful Reader wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:06 pm Shaw is a bit of a jerk, both to these heralded officers but also Seven. but this is a solid introduction to the situation,
Someone on Twitter pointed out that Picard might be Badmiral-ing from Shaw's point of view. Doesn't excuse deadnaming Seven, but there you go. I do wonder what he would think of Kirk and Spock, given that Shaw indicated that he considers Picard and Riker to be cowboys.
Faithful Reader wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:06 pmRumors abound for Raffi's handler but we'll see.
I thought it was obviously Worf, with the "You are a warrior." bit, but I'd love to hear what others think.
Faithful Reader wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:06 pmLooking at the draft, no one is out of it yet. Bear in mind that Gates and Frakes both got guest star credits, so higher numbers might not be too great.
True. But Pulaski was a guest star all second season...
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
Is anyone having trouble disaggregating Bev's co-pilot from the actor's evil pirate villain character from Outlander? I don't usually have trouble with that sort of thing, but I already want to hate the character based on that.

Spoilers:
Also, I hope they explain how Bev's son has an Irish accent.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I want to know why he looks exactly like Charlie X.
jadziadax8 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:54 pm Is anyone having trouble disaggregating Bev's co-pilot from the actor's evil pirate villain character from Outlander? I don't usually have trouble with that sort of thing, but I already want to hate the character based on that.

Spoilers:

By GooeyChewie (Nathan Miracle)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Architect
jadziadax8 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:54 pm Spoilers:
Joke Spoiler:
I believe a candle was involved, yes?
Second Edition Design Manager
By The Guardian (Richard New)
 - Second Edition Design Manager
 -  
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
jadziadax8 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:54 pm Is anyone having trouble disaggregating Bev's co-pilot from the actor's evil pirate villain character from Outlander? I don't usually have trouble with that sort of thing, but I already want to hate the character based on that.

Spoilers:
I'm assuming everyone on this thread is watching, but I'll be happy to hide away spoilers if anyone is concerned.

Maybe they'll wait to explain his accent for 35 years, just like Picard. What I'm wondering is how old he's supposed to be. I mean, we often are made to accept high school students on TV being in their 30s. My wife immediately pointed out that he doesn't look 20 (the actor's 35), so she will have a hard time believing he's Picard's son from right when Beverly disappeared, but that age does kind of line up with her one-year hiatus from TNG...
Executive Officer
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Guardian wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:31 pm
My wife immediately pointed out that he doesn't look 20 (the actor's 35), so she will have a hard time believing he's Picard's son from right when Beverly disappeared, but that age does kind of line up with her one-year hiatus from TNG...
Oh, that's very interesting!
An unlikely scenario, but still could lead to a very interesting discussion of motherhood and work-life balance in the 24th Century.

Wird erledigt : ). Es war übrigens wirklich[…]

I suspect that’s the usual forum badges you […]

Zwei Turniere und das schon im März ... Das L[…]

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]