This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 119 posts

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Add me as another vote for appreciating Formidable Warriors. Even if I never get around to building it, I'm very glad that things like this exist. Reminds me of the best days of Decipher, when they would explore the bits that were slightly off screen, or the what ifs.

(I really want there to be a way to explore what if a Romulan Warbird and crew were in the [DQ] instead of Janeway, for example.)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
boromirofborg wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:08 pm Add me as another vote for appreciating Formidable Warriors. Even if I never get around to building it, I'm very glad that things like this exist. Reminds me of the best days of Decipher, when they would explore the bits that were slightly off screen, or the what ifs.

(I really want there to be a way to explore what if a Romulan Warbird and crew were in the [DQ] instead of Janeway, for example.)
Glad you like it! :cheersL:

Stay Tuned for Project Mandalorian... "What If...?" Is a major theme of that set!

By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:17 pm
boromirofborg wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:08 pm (I really want there to be a way to explore what if a Romulan Warbird and crew were in the [DQ] instead of Janeway, for example.)
Glad you like it! :cheersL:

Stay Tuned for Project Mandalorian... "What If...?" Is a major theme of that set!
Don't forget that we actually have two Cardassian ships we know were in the Delta quadrant for this project - Dreadnought from the episode of the same name (which might get [1E-Maq] when [NA] if it is a ship card, although it is not a good candidate for "reporting aboard") and the Cardassian Ship that Seven of Nine shows Chakotay in the Voyager Conspiracy (which we actually have images of). Might be interesting to create these ships and any potential "what if " [1E-AU] [1E-Rom] ships as having "alpha quadrant" in lore, but with special text that allows them to report an Alpha quadrant personnel as if Delta once each turn (to use the first function of Home away from Home), or as targets for another card that gives an identical benefit for affiliations other than [NA] [Fed], [Kaz] and [Kli].

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
stressedoutatumc wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:37 pm I think this whole Reman thing was made just for me. Exactly my deck style and play type. Now, what I need are ❖ Remans with Leadership, Diplomacy, Honor, and Anthropology, please and thank you.
Why would you expect universal Remans to have those skills?

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:51 pm
stressedoutatumc wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:37 pm I think this whole Reman thing was made just for me. Exactly my deck style and play type. Now, what I need are ❖ Remans with Leadership, Diplomacy, Honor, and Anthropology, please and thank you.
Why would you expect universal Remans to have those skills?
I think Diplomacy would be difficult to justify, but Anthro, Leadership, and Honor aren't.

The two reasons I'd offer are:

[1] Lore, both game and movies. Remans have to have some leadership structure beyond Shinzon. There should probably be some universal officers in sub-command structures if they have an operational military. I'm hoping for a universal "officer"-classed reman with leadership + something. I feel Venoxis probably could have leadership given that he has a [Cmd]. Someone had to been giving commands to throw troops into the meatgrinder besides Shinny. Remans are certainly aware of their own history and universe history, so Anthro should be added somewhere. And the fact that they follow orders and sacrifice themselves so willingly for their cause suggests behavior like [Kli] or [Dom] which indicate some level of Honor.

[2] Game precedent. I Remans, to me, feel a little like the MACOs. Across the multiple ❖ MACOs, all the skills are more or less covered with, off the top of my head, no gaping holes except maybe Exo, but that's well covered in other ways. Remans lack Anthro, which is a huge problem given the most commonly played dilemma. Maybe that's intentional, but they need it. Overall, I get that remans should be tougher to play, but not impossible to come up with 3 personnel with Anthropology that would turn a dilemma that everyone else could probably pass even eventually, into a hard wall for Remans. If we don't get multiple sources, hopefully there's something like Security Drills on the way to at least give them a chance.

EDIT: For example, here are a list of dilemmas that may be hard walls for Remans right now:

Primitive Culture
Local Trouble
Justice or Vengeance
Jol Yichu'!
Incentive-Based Economics
I Hate You
Aggressive Behavior
Unorthodox Preservation
Shaka, When the Walls Fell
A Pleasant Surprise
Faux Pas
Implication
Tense Negotiations
The New Resistance

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E Austrian National Runner-Up 2023
1E German National Second Runner-Up 2024
I just saw Activate Thalaron Weapon. (https://www.trekcc.org/1e/?cardID=7398)
Sorry, but I don´t get it.
Would someone please guide me through this?
- Plays on a Homeworld: ok, my opponent plays e.g. [Car] and I play it on Cardassia.
- Target your Scimitar: ok, my Scimitar has to be at Romulus or Remus.
Then my confusion starts.
"If your staffed Scimitar is here": Where is here? At Cardassia or my Romulus region?
Then there is the probing.
Then again "All personnel at this mission (or at all missions in this region)": At Cardassia or my Romulus region?
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Rancour@gmx.de wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:52 am I just saw Activate Thalaron Weapon. (https://www.trekcc.org/1e/?cardID=7398)
Sorry, but I don´t get it.
Would someone please guide me through this?
- Plays on a Homeworld: ok, my opponent plays e.g. [Car] and I play it on Cardassia.
- Target your Scimitar: ok, my Scimitar has to be at Romulus or Remus.
Then my confusion starts.
"If your staffed Scimitar is here": Where is here? At Cardassia or my Romulus region?
Then there is the probing.
Then again "All personnel at this mission (or at all missions in this region)": At Cardassia or my Romulus region?
In your example, you’d need to fly your Scimitar from Romulus/Remus to Cardassia…

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
Rancour@gmx.de wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:41 am Thank you. So I could use it at my opponents homeworld or on Romulus, if my opponent were to visit me, nice.
Don't think so defensively. Your opponent doesn't have to come and threaten you at your Romulus to give you a reason to unleash the Thalaron Weapon there. Just do a cheap space and planet, then activate it to kill your own guys at home for twenty or so bonus points via Personal Demons.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Kaiser wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:31 am
Rancour@gmx.de wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:41 am Thank you. So I could use it at my opponents homeworld or on Romulus, if my opponent were to visit me, nice.
Don't think so defensively. Your opponent doesn't have to come and threaten you at your Romulus to give you a reason to unleash the Thalaron Weapon there. Just do a cheap space and planet, then activate it to kill your own guys at home for twenty or so bonus points via Personal Demons.
That was my exact thought. Yeah, it could be used against your opponents, but it feels like this is the motivation behind the card. Play a bunch of Romulan freebies to the the 2 HQ's, use them, then blast them to end the game.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation