Place to discuss Tribbles CCG

By Mugato
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Runner-Up 2023
In the final table at worlds I saw that Skip could be quite the NPE for the unlucky person seated next to skip. Wouldn't it make more sense for skip to function more like draw and let you choose who will miss their next turn? That way skip, like draw, can target the leader and wouldn't lock someone totally out of the game.

Here's the rule on Phase 10's skip card:
Skip Card – This card enables you to force someone to skip or lose a turn for that particular rotation/round. Once you discard or play it down, you can choose anyone to lose their turn.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
This is why BaH! exists.

By Mugato
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Runner-Up 2023
Yeah I suppose it can. You shouldn't likely get placed by the same person. A choice skip still work very well with the 2nd function of BaH. I find it odd to have to have a silver bullet for one power. I suppose Antidote is as well though. Tally is more generally useful.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Well, BaH is also very useful if the person next to you is always going 1 Go-10 Go-100 something … leaving you stuck with more Tribbles you’re likely not going to play much - so it is often worth putting the card into your deck more than just against Skip
Ambassador
By T-Ricks (Rick Kinney)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Mugato wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:50 am In the final table at worlds I saw that Skip could be quite the NPE for the unlucky person seated next to skip.
This is exactly why I have never created a Skip/Reverse achievement deck.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
T-Ricks wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:36 am
Mugato wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:50 am In the final table at worlds I saw that Skip could be quite the NPE for the unlucky person seated next to skip.
This is exactly why I have never created a Skip/Reverse achievement deck.
That's why the BaH! is a thing. Unfortunately it's too situational to effectively police the meta.

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
Reverse can be used too. Go before the Skip player instead of after them!

By flrazor (Jeremy Benedict)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 9:44 amThat's why the BaH! is a thing. Unfortunately it's too situational to effectively police the meta.
I keep telling people to play more BaH if skipping is bothering them.

To get people not to put Skip in a deck, I agree with you it's not a deterrent. For the immediate effect of dropping cards out of hand I also agree that it's not something that comes up often enough to make big waves. If a player skips someone once and half or more of their hand drops, they'll probably not activate the power again unless they must to do so.

For the passive effect of being able to reseat the table to deal with not only being skipped but also reverses or sitting next to a player that constantly puts you on the same number each turn, it's has significantly more potential than folks give it credit, even if it doesn't run up the score. Antidote is much more situational but with a bigger potential payoff, and you see it way more because scoring outside going out is still currently relatively low risk/high reward. Being next to certain decks/players can have a huge impact on the performance of a deck and if it's able to do what the builder intended.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]