This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Hi folks,

With about 27 hours left to vote, we have 95 votes in the 1st poll and 90 in the 2nd. That means we need a total of 15 more people to participate in the polls to get us over the 100+ threshold for double prizes!

Here is where things stand with just about a day left:

8 nail biters (Less than 5 votes between the entries)
10 upsets
1 blowout (Winner has 75% or more of the votes)

(Remember, it's possible for a single match to be multiple things.)

There are several matches that are separated by a single vote as I'm writing this.

If the polls ended right now, 4 personnel would advance. Story-based objectives aren't doing nearly as well this round, currently they're 2-4.

Joseph Sisko and U.S.S. Saratoga would be the winning 2nd chance cards, if the poll ended now.

-crp
 -  
Prophet
We ended up with 110 average votes across the 2 polls, so double prize mode is active again! That's so awesome, I'm very happy.

We ended up with 10 upsets, but not the same 10 there were earlier in the week. Quite a few of the matched switched winners in the last 24 hours.

-crp

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
MidnightLich wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:33 pm We ended up with 110 average votes across the 2 polls, so double prize mode is active again!

-crp
Attachments:
h5WrvT.gif
h5WrvT.gif (2.19 MiB) Viewed 772 times
 -  
Prophet
MidnightLich wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:33 pmWe ended up with 10 upsets...
It turns out I'm bad with numbers. There were only 6 upsets across the 16 matches. My apologies!

-crp
 -  
Prophet
Some data from the Round of 32:

We lost 2 returning concepts, 12 user submitted concepts, and 3 broken link concepts. That means that we have remaining: 3 reruns, 10 user submissions, and 3 broken link. Things have kept remarkably even through 2 rounds, as each category has exactly 25% of its entries left.

I am sad because my favorite concept lost. :(
I am also sad because Lucas is going to be sad. :(

In terms of remaining series, here's where we are:

TOS 1
TNG 7
DS9 4
VOY 3
Ent 0
Movies 1

The Sweet 16 begins tomorrow. Our biggest March Madness ever continues!

-crp
 -  
Prophet
I was on vacation most of last week / weekend, so I haven't been able to share as much info about this week's vote. But, with just over 3 hours left, here are 3 facts:

1) We've already had over 100 votes, so double prize mode is active yet again. In fact, we're tied for the most participation in the Sweet 16 round ever.

2) There is one match that is separated by a single vote.

3) There is another match that is tied. If it remains tied, my vote (made before the round started) will break the tie.

And, as I said, there's still a little over 3 hours left to vote!

-crp

By Shepard (Matt Carroll)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I was disappointed that Protect Innocent Culture lost this past round as that's one of the biggest holes in the TNG movie cards that wasn't addressed in the most recent set. I reeeeeally wanted an incentive not to play S'ona as using Collect Metaphasic Particles never felt like a great thematic fit for [EE] [Fed] .

That was my favorite concept card out of the surprise question this time around, and I accordingly gave it the most points of any of them.
 -  
Prophet
Shepard wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:18 am I was disappointed that Protect Innocent Culture lost...
I was quite surprised to see the story-based objectives fall so hard after performing so well in the first round. There were some brutal matchups though, so I suppose it makes sense. Still, I think there are legs on those concepts so I wouldn't be surprised if they come back in one form or another.

-crp
 -  
Prophet
Crossposted from Facebook, here is an update on the First Edition March Madness Elite 8, just about 48 hours into the round (the facts are in no particular order):

One of the matches has a 3 vote differential,
another is 9 votes,
another is 5 votes,
and the remaining match is separated by 21 votes.

3 of the matches are either upsets or not; the 1 left is the opposite.

In terms of the 2nd chance poll:
The card with the most votes of 5 / Fantastic is Ten Forward; the card with the least 5 / Fantastic votes is Holoprogram: Loyalty Test.

On the other end, the card with the least votes of 1 / Terrible is Group of Individuals (although there are several cards tied with just 1 more low vote; the card with the most 1 / Terrible votes is Senior Staff Poker Game.

So far, a total of 84 people have participated.

Polls are open until Monday, April 3rd at NOON and there is plenty of time to change everything. Your votes - each and every one - matters. So what are you waiting for?

-crp
 -  
Prophet
With just under 24 hours left in this round, here are some facts about the matches. (This information was also posted to the TCC Facebook group.)

We're at 101 votes, which means double prizes again! Here's where things stand (the details of the matches are obscured and randomized):

In Match #1, there is a single vote difference between the two cards.

In Match B, the favorite is 13 votes behind the lower-ranked card.

In Match III is also being decided by a single vote.

In Match Delta, the lower-ranked card is dominating the higher-ranked card with a 21-vote spread.

26 people have pitched card ideas for Lt. Palmer's support cards. 34 have done the same for Decode Genetic Message.

The top 3 cards in the second chance vote, in no particular order, are Ten Forward, Loskene, and Protect Innocent Culture.

Polls are open until Monday, April 3rd at NOON PST. Go vote!

https://forms.gle/1yaguKc6pcAjuuNK7

-crp
 -  
Prophet
It's almost the weekend, which means it's time for an update on where things stand. So far, 83 users have cast votes. That's lower than it's been at this point most weeks, but still a good turnout. Last year's total turnout was 90, which is also the record, so I'm hopeful we'll get above that.

One of the matches is very close - just 3 votes between the cards. The other match is very much not close - a 21 vote differential.

A total of 94% of participants voted in the bonus poll. The card with the most 1st place votes is Starbase 375; the card with the most 4th place votes is Acting Captain Beverly.

Polls are open through Monday. Don't forget to vote, and to spread the word!

-crp
 -  
Prophet
Tomorrow is the opening of the final poll of this year's March Madness. It's been a lot of work, but it's also been a lot of fun to watch the results come in. I hope that you've all enjoyed this process too. I welcome any and all feedback on how we could improve things should we decide to do this again next year.

-crp
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation