For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I've not heard anything to give me reason to believe the last result is going to come in, so I'm awarding Kris a bye and Seppel a missed game for non-responsiveness.

As such, here are your final round pairings:

Kris Sonsteby (@LORE) vs. Brian Sykes (@Armus)
Jared Hoffman (@Mugato) vs. Thomas V (@Exon)
Sebastian Kirstein (@Caretaker's Guest) vs. Ensign Q (@Ensign Q)
Joseph Wisniewski (@geraldkw) vs. lotjx2 (@lotjx2)
Alexander Schmitz (@TyKajada) vs. Austin Chandler (@DarkSabre)
Maggie Geppert (@jadziadax8) vs. Manuel Rupprecht (@Gul Dakar)

I want to thank everyone who took the time to build new decks (or tweak existing decks, or even just grab a deck) and committed the last month to playing in this tournament, and I hope you have enjoyed playing with the new cards - I know I have!

Now, for the last time in this event: Good luck, everyone, and have fun! :cheersL:
Last edited by Armus on Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Caretaker's Guest wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:04 am Hi, I am currently unable to play. I will concede to both and drop. Sorry :( . But believe I am imagining, may be wrong, I would have had good chances. Sorry all :(
Thanks for checking in, Seppel.

I've updated Kris's Round 3 result to a full win and awarded Ensign Q a Full Win for Round 4.

I hope everything is ok and we will see you in another event down the line! :cheersL:
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Rumor has it, there will be a clash of the STCCG dinosaurs later this evening on the live stream. Tune in to see which crusty old fart comes out on top!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Congrats to @LORE on his 100-86 80 Full Win and 4-0 performance with a very tight [22] [Kli] Speed Solver!
Last edited by Armus on Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
lotjx2 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:15 pm Can we trade out decks, because DS9 Reman is trash.
Having just gone 3-1 and almost pulling off a miracle against Kris in the final with a DS9 Reman deck, I can say I respectfully disagree with this assessment. I'm not sure [1E-DS9] [1E-Rom] is gonna win Worlds this year, but I'd definitely call it playable. Not trash at all.

That said, I'm sure my current deck could use some refinements, and I'm sure there's more efficient versions out there that don't go for some of the achievements I was going for. It's definitely not the easiest faction to deck build, as there's a lot of moving parts.

It was a good learning experience and definitely a faction I'll be revisiting in the future.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Armus wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:02 am Congrats to @LORE on his 100-86 Full Win and 4-0 performance with a very tight [22] [Kli] Speed Solver!
Thank you, Brian, for a great game and for hosting the event. I probably forgot to say that last night, but I blame being super tired. :wink:

Small nitpick I realized this morning - I think officially your score should be 80 not 86, as you scored 40 from stealing my mission and your bonus points cannot exceed mission points. In any event, thank you for putting this release event together and for your efforts in putting a fun set out in the wild! :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
LORE wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:07 am
Armus wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:02 am Congrats to @LORE on his 100-86 Full Win and 4-0 performance with a very tight [22] [Kli] Speed Solver!
Thank you, Brian, for a great game and for hosting the event. I probably forgot to say that last night, but I blame being super tired. :wink:

Small nitpick I realized this morning - I think officially your score should be 80 not 86, as you scored 40 from stealing my mission and your bonus points cannot exceed mission points. In any event, thank you for putting this release event together and for your efforts in putting a fun set out in the wild! :cheersL:
You are correct. I'll adjust the score accordingly. I'm not used to scoring 46 bonus points! :P

I'm glad you had a good time. Like I said last night, I saw a lot of fun and interesting decks in this event. Hopefully people are finding something they like in the new cards.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Everyone can now watch me and Brian's dumpster fire of a game where we duplicated 4 missions. It was GLORIOUS!

https://youtu.be/JLf-zIDq4G4

By Exon
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E Risa Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:26 am
lotjx2 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:15 pm Can we trade out decks, because DS9 Reman is trash.
Having just gone 3-1 and almost pulling off a miracle against Kris in the final with a DS9 Reman deck, I can say I respectfully disagree with this assessment. I'm not sure [1E-DS9] [1E-Rom] is gonna win Worlds this year, but I'd definitely call it playable. Not trash at all.

That said, I'm sure my current deck could use some refinements, and I'm sure there's more efficient versions out there that don't go for some of the achievements I was going for. It's definitely not the easiest faction to deck build, as there's a lot of moving parts.

It was a good learning experience and definitely a faction I'll be revisiting in the future.
I had a good time playing DS9 Reman this tournament. The games I lost were still fun and competitive, and I didn't feel like the faction was at an inherent disadvantage. Still many possible variants of this deck to explore.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation