By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Let's say I have an officer or infiltrator like Lovok Founder on an opponent's ship. I reveal Issue Secret Orders and place it on the ship.

There's just one problem, the ship only has one other personnel on it (it's fully staffed; let's say a Romulan Science Vessel) and my opponent has out Q's Tent: Civil War which prevents her from attempting a mission with fewer than 4 personnel.

Does the ship still travel to the mission and just sit there, unable to take any other actions until my opponent beams over enough people to attempt the mission?

Or does Issue secret orders "must" override the restriction on Q's Tent: Civil War because it is a required action?
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Required actions have to be completed, even though there could be consequences or other restrictions.

Edit: I see what you're asking now... I guess the Tent prevents the actual attempt from being initiated. So basically, the ship is compelled to travel to the mission. It is then stuck there until additional crew come aboard to get to the Tent threshold.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:56 am Required actions have to be completed, even though there could be consequences or other restrictions.

Edit: I see what you're asking now... I guess the Tent prevents the actual attempt from being initiated. So basically, the ship is compelled to travel to the mission. It is then stuck there until additional crew come aboard to get to the Tent threshold.
I don't think so, since it specifies "if possible". So you'd get there, try to attempt, Civil War says "nope", and then you'd continue to the next step of exposing the infiltrator.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
AllenGould wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:25 am
JeBuS wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:56 am Required actions have to be completed, even though there could be consequences or other restrictions.

I don't think so, since it specifies "if possible". So you'd get there, try to attempt, Civil War says "nope", and then you'd continue to the next step of exposing the infiltrator.
I missed the "if possible". So yeah, I think you're right.

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]