For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

• 128 posts

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
They start separately and in tabletop scenario, yes they should all pass at the same time and stay separately. In our scenario since we don't all pick at the same time and pass at the same time, they tend to bunch up. As per usual, all 4 end up together. At this point might as well keep them together going forward. There is an advantage to being able to see all packs at once such as should I grab this ship now without knowing if another is coming but if you have all 4, you can skip one ship knowing you can grab the other ship. Luckily we all will end up with this same advantage.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Professor Scott wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:42 am They start separately and in tabletop scenario, yes they should all pass at the same time and stay separately. In our scenario since we don't all pick at the same time and pass at the same time, they tend to bunch up. As per usual, all 4 end up together. At this point might as well keep them together going forward. There is an advantage to being able to see all packs at once such as should I grab this ship now without knowing if another is coming but if you have all 4, you can skip one ship knowing you can grab the other ship. Luckily we all will end up with this same advantage.
I don't peek. 😡

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:00 am
Professor Scott wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 10:42 am They start separately and in tabletop scenario, yes they should all pass at the same time and stay separately. In our scenario since we don't all pick at the same time and pass at the same time, they tend to bunch up. As per usual, all 4 end up together. At this point might as well keep them together going forward. There is an advantage to being able to see all packs at once such as should I grab this ship now without knowing if another is coming but if you have all 4, you can skip one ship knowing you can grab the other ship. Luckily we all will end up with this same advantage.
I don't peek. 😡
<Raises> @jadziadax8 INT +2.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Attention, tributes, attention...

The Aquamarine Pod has finished drafting and I believe the Diamond Pod is working their way through the second set of draw deck / dilemma packs, so we can post the Round 1 pairings. Please try to get your match played within the next week and a half-ish, and if we finish ahead of April 3rd I will post the Round 2 pairings early. Per the tournament software's random generator, here are our first matches:

Round 1:
Maggie vs. Mathew - TIE
Kris vs. Adam
Julius vs. Georgio
Remo vs. Steve
Christopher - DROP

Good luck! And may the odds be ever in your favor...

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
At last posting, I had send all of Diamond's packs to Maggie who had said she would hold until she had them all and I assume by now they have been picked and passed to Julius and perhaps on to Remo. Can any of you 3 confirm the status?
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Professor Scott wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:27 pm At last posting, I had send all of Diamond's packs to Maggie who had said she would hold until she had them all and I assume by now they have been picked and passed to Julius and perhaps on to Remo. Can any of you 3 confirm the status?
jadziadax8 wrote:
Professor Scott wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:34 am C2 and D2 sent to @jadziadax8 . You should have all 4 now.
Picked and passed.
They are with either @Clerasil ToB or @doctorjoya.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
LORE wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:21 am Attention, tributes, attention...

The Aquamarine Pod has finished drafting and I believe the Diamond Pod is working their way through the second set of draw deck / dilemma packs, so we can post the Round 1 pairings. Please try to get your match played within the next week and a half-ish, and if we finish ahead of April 3rd I will post the Round 2 pairings early. Per the tournament software's random generator, here are our first matches:

Round 1:
Maggie vs. Christopher
Kris vs. Adam
Julius vs. Georgio
Remo vs. Steve
Mathew - BYE

Kris, not that I am complaining, but last tourney you paired the 2 pods against each other first round and this time you have all 5 Aquamarine and 3/4 of Diamond playing with the Bye going to a Diamond. Shouldn't the pairings be AvD and the Bye going to the extra A or did you randominze the first round pairing this time?
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Professor Scott wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:32 pm

Round 1:
Maggie vs. Christopher
Kris vs. Adam
Julius vs. Georgio
Remo vs. Steve
Mathew - BYE

Kris, not that I am complaining, but last tourney you paired the 2 pods against each other first round and this time you have all 5 Aquamarine and 3/4 of Diamond playing with the Bye going to a Diamond. Shouldn't the pairings be AvD and the Bye going to the extra A or did you randominze the first round pairing this time?
As stated, this was entirely random. I was just as surprised as you were how it spit it out, but that was what came up. If it matters, Christopher will be receiving the Round 2 BYE as he will be out of the country on vacation that week.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
LORE wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:56 pm
Professor Scott wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:32 pm

Round 1:
Maggie vs. Christopher
Kris vs. Adam
Julius vs. Georgio
Remo vs. Steve
Mathew - BYE

As stated, this was entirely random. I was just as surprised as you were how it spit it out, but that was what came up. If it matters, Christopher will be receiving the Round 2 BYE as he will be out of the country on vacation that week.
Attachments:
download.jpg
download.jpg (7.81 KiB) Viewed 1801 times

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:29 pm
Professor Scott wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:27 pm At last posting, I had send all of Diamond's packs to Maggie who had said she would hold until she had them all and I assume by now they have been picked and passed to Julius and perhaps on to Remo. Can any of you 3 confirm the status?
jadziadax8 wrote:
Professor Scott wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:34 am C2 and D2 sent to @jadziadax8 . You should have all 4 now.
Picked and passed.
They are with either @Clerasil ToB or @doctorjoya.
I don't have them.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Christopher has informed me he has to drop from this gig for personal reasons, so @jadziadax8 will instead play @Professor Scott in Round 1.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
LORE wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:06 pm Christopher has informed me he has to drop from this gig for personal reasons, so @jadziadax8 will instead play @Professor Scott in Round 1.
@jadziadax8 is so asleep by now. *cries*

Last edited by doctorjoya on Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
@LORE have you heard from @Clerasil ToB. Diamond packs have stalled for over 48 hours and we still have at least another round to go on them.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'm tired of waiting on these packs. I'm just going to play with the cards I have. Steve, you ready?
Thermokinetic explosion

The question is: if I fly to a 3 span space missio[…]

1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]

Klingon Neelix ponderings

I am collecting data at this point. Someone aske[…]

Keep in mind that it doesn't stop anyone itself, m[…]