By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
No.

from the Glossary:

compatible
Your two non- [Bor] cards are compatible with each other if they belong to the same affiliation, or if at least one is Non-Aligned or Neutral, or if a card states they may "mix"; however, compatibility is overridden by any card or rule that specifically prevents compatibility (see does not work with).
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Hrm. The Glossary entry the Professor from Edinburgh quotes might be out-of-date. The entry it refers to (does not work with) says:
"Does not work with" restrictions that are completely affiliation-based are overcome by any card that allows incompatible cards to mix, such as Release This Pain, Brainwash, or an appropriate Treaty.
Based on that text, I would rule that yes, Beverly can work with Tallera.

That text was added in June 2018 after an incredibly long and confusing public forum discussion about how the heck the old Does Not Work With rule actually worked. (Answer: not all that well, which is why it got changed.)

I'll look into this. Thanks for quoting it, Professor -- clearly, if there was a mistake here, it was the Rules Committee's, not yours.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
I was not happy to post it as I wished it were untrue, but after you have clarified the possible mismatch in the rules, I feel better as I thought they should be able to work together. I look forward to clarification as anxiously as @Takket does.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hmm. Interesting.

I asked because Scientific diplomacy in my head allows Beverly to “get over” her refusal to work with, say, Sela.

Likewise Sela also gets the over her refusal because Scientific Diplomacy applies to all my personnel everywhere.

but I didn’t see anything that would make Tallera get over her refusal to work with Beverly because of her own personal restriction box.

But am I contradicting myself??? Because I just said Scientific Diplomacy applies to all my people everywhere. Not sure.

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I agree with @Takket here. Scientific Diplomacy allows the Metaphasic Gang to work with your [1E-TNG] people. If Beverly or one of them had the restirction box, it would be overcome. But Talera is on the other half of the equation, and I can see a good argument that she's not overridden.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
boromirofborg wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:03 am I agree with @Takket here. Scientific Diplomacy allows the Metaphasic Gang to work with your [1E-TNG] people. If Beverly or one of them had the restirction box, it would be overcome. But Talera is on the other half of the equation, and I can see a good argument that she's not overridden.
I could see her working with, say Kurak, under this example, but that glossary entry is wonky in that it calls out this one time where "can" overrides "can't" so... *shruggie emoji*
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Takket wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:18 am but I didn’t see anything that would make Tallera get over her refusal to work with Beverly because of her own personal restriction box.
boromirofborg wrote:If Beverly or one of them had the restirction box, it would be overcome. But Talera is on the other half of the equation, and I can see a good argument that she's not overridden.
That's a fair point. I hadn't considered that angle. (More proof I should never post late at night.)
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation