It all starts at home: local tournaments, local players. Keep track of events in your region, adjacent regions, and around the globe in this forum.

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

• 231 posts
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Hoss-Drone wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:28 pm Alright local guys, get this set up somewhere.
As Kev knows, I am dealing with some stuff on the home front so I gotta defer to @Commander Joe , @BCSWowbagger , and / or @Hobie to get something lined up. I'll try to be there, or will at least send prizes along with someone. :cross:
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I have been quiet because I can't do the 23rd -- out of town for a baptism--but I do not want to derail an event that both Jaeger and Brian S can come to just because of my dumb scheduling difficulties.

It's up to the rest of the Frozen Chosen to make our guests feel welcome!
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I could do a different date too. That just would have been convenient, travel-wise.
 -  
Community Contributor
Okay, here's my deal, in numbered points, and make of it what you will:

(1) My April is a right mess. I am free none of the days Jaeger is free.* Basically the only days I am free are April 2nd, April 16th, and 29th/30th.

*This is not an attempt to avoid losing to him; I always learn something when I (inevitably) lose to him.

(2) Matt Hayes @karonofborg13 and Ben Johnson are coming down the weekend of the 15th to play Magic. They are free Sunday the 16th and want to play 1E. I also want to play 1E, and won't get another chance this month.

(3) I am inviting Matt and Ben to my house to play Trek that day. I'm tentatively putting down noon to 4 PM but I have to talk to Matt about what time works for him with the long drive home. My expectation is that I'm playing a three-round tourney with just me, Matt, and Ben, because the rest of y'all are (I assume) playing on April 23rd, at some time and location Joe and Kevin are about to figure out.

(4) However, you are all invited to come on the 16th as well and I'd love to have yinz. (I'd be happy to change start time to accommodate long-distance drivers as needed.) If there's an event happening on the 23rd, I don't want to steal its thunder or undermine its attendance. I want the 23rd to be a great success. And if you happen to want to play Trek two weeks in a row, there's no reason you couldn't come to both.

(5) My basement only really has room for two simultaneous games. So if there are more than 5 participants pre-registered for my event on the 16th, I will move it to the R.H. Stafford Library (aka The Jungle) in Woodbury. Again, I'm only expecting me, Matt, and, Ben, but, if you do come, please pre-register so we don't end up over-stuffing my basement!

(6) Event link is here: https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/?mode ... ntID=12475

(8) Totally different topic: Hobie's concern/suggestion about occasionally playing somewhere that's a little more reachable for him is well taken. Everyone deserves to occasionally not have to drive a light-year, and maybe we could lure @Iron Prime / Dan Van Kampen out of hiding in Chaska if we held an event closer to him. However, I don't know the West Metro and can't work out a location for a casual event on short notice. If Hobie could make a suggestion (ideally in the St. Louis Park / Edina area?) I think we should hold our next event, maybe our regional, there.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I could probably do multiple this month. @BCSWowbagger, is yours on the 16th firm now? I'll pre-reg and book the travel, if so.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
BCSWowbagger wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:05 am (5) My basement only really has room for two simultaneous games. So if there are more than 5 participants pre-registered for my event on the 16th, I will move it to the R.H. Stafford Library (aka The Jungle) in Woodbury...
I would suggest you just put it at the Jungle (tm) to begin with and hoping you draw a handful of folks. I personally would love to play there again and with a never ending winter I could see myself hopefully playing two weekends in a row and if not at least play either this gig or the gig the following weekend, IRL issues notwithstanding. :twocents:
 -  
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote:I could probably do multiple this month. @BCSWowbagger, is yours on the 16th firm now? I'll pre-reg and book the travel, if so.
Yes, this event is firm. It will definitely happen. Matt confirms the noon start time works.

Only thing now is to figure out whether it's in my basement or somewhere else.
LORE wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:07 pm I would suggest you just put it at the Jungle (tm) to begin with and hoping you draw a handful of folks. I personally would love to play there again and with a never ending winter I could see myself hopefully playing two weekends in a row and if not at least play either this gig or the gig the following weekend, IRL issues notwithstanding. :twocents:
Sound advice! Unfortunately, I just looked it up and the Stafford is already booked that day. So I will start trying to figure out an alt, ideally one that I can book online.

In the meantime, this is still on for My Basement!
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
BCSWowbagger wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:07 pm Sound advice! Unfortunately, I just looked it up and the Stafford is already booked that day. So I will start trying to figure out an alt, ideally one that I can book online.

FWiW, I basically never booked the Stafford Library conference room. We would just show up and use the tables in the atrium. We did this for years and years. Only issue for 1E is the tables had slats, so we probably would want to bring a bunch of play mats should we start using that venue again.
 -  
Community Contributor
LORE wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:17 pm
BCSWowbagger wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:07 pm Sound advice! Unfortunately, I just looked it up and the Stafford is already booked that day. So I will start trying to figure out an alt, ideally one that I can book online.

FWiW, I basically never booked the Stafford Library conference room. We would just show up and use the tables in the atrium. We did this for years and years. Only issue for 1E is the tables had slats, so we probably would want to bring a bunch of play mats should we start using that venue again.
Last time I was there (for their new playground in the basement), it seemed to me that they've drastically cut down on the number of the tables in the atrium, or I'd say we go for it. As it is, I'm sincerely unsure we'd have any space to play. I might send a scouting expedition to Woodbury this weekend (i.e. my daughters to that playground).

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
I’m signed up. I pulled my cards out of both the cabinet and the storage tub parked in the under the stairs closet and began sorting card types. I’ve got lots of prints to cut and work ahead of me, but, damn, the nostalgia is strong. Benny and I will be there. I will do my best to catch up on any/all errata and bannings/unbannings since we last played (late Summer or early Fall of ‘22 or ‘21…?!?!)
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Commander Joe wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:13 am Sorry for the inactivity lately. Added an event for April 23rd.

1E event
https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/?mode ... ntID=12482
Cool, thanks Joe. I have taken the liberty of flagging both tournaments as League Gigs if only to help us finish this league season that seems to have got away from Joe and I, and also as an excuse to give away the exclusive League Foils I just got in the mail today. :shifty:

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
LORE wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:02 am
Commander Joe wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:13 am Sorry for the inactivity lately. Added an event for April 23rd.

1E event
https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/?mode ... ntID=12482
Cool, thanks Joe. I have taken the liberty of flagging both tournaments as League Gigs if only to help us finish this league season that seems to have got away from Joe and I, and also as an excuse to give away the exclusive League Foils I just got in the mail today. :shifty:
Woot! There will be 3 or 4 of us coming up from SF.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation