Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I noticed while doing a total personnel skills check that total Law personnel (186) now outnumber total Geo personnel (176). I thought this interesting since Law is usual named among the four off-limit skills (telepathy, acquisition, intelligence, law) when naming skills for dilemmas like Counterinsurgency Program. Does anyone hard-core filter for Geo? I know Picking up the Pieces is popular. What's everyone's favorite Geo wall?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Breaking the Ice

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
doctorjoya wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:25 pm I noticed while doing a total personnel skills check that total Law personnel (186) now outnumber total Geo personnel (176). I thought this interesting since Law is usual named among the four off-limit skills (telepathy, acquisition, intelligence, law) when naming skills for dilemmas like Counterinsurgency Program. Does anyone hard-core filter for Geo? I know Picking up the Pieces is popular. What's everyone's favorite Geo wall?
Picking up the Pieces was popular during the peak Davies Fed Geo/Science era (and don't get me wrong, that deck is still good today).

I'm not sure it's as popular now, as that build isn't nearly as dominant as it once was.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 -  
I'm not sure how relevant it is, but one thing that may be of note is that the proportion of Law personnel with a staffing icon is substantially lower than the proportion of Geology personnel with a staffing icon, and a personnel without a staffing icon generally has to be quite a bit better otherwise to see play.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
nobthehobbit wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:21 pm I'm not sure how relevant it is, but one thing that may be of note is that the proportion of Law personnel with a staffing icon is substantially lower than the proportion of Geology personnel with a staffing icon, and a personnel without a staffing icon generally has to be quite a bit better otherwise to see play.
Oh yeah good point. So is it a viable strategy to filter for Geo (since there is not many who have it), and then wall for it?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
doctorjoya wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:23 pm
nobthehobbit wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:21 pm I'm not sure how relevant it is, but one thing that may be of note is that the proportion of Law personnel with a staffing icon is substantially lower than the proportion of Geology personnel with a staffing icon, and a personnel without a staffing icon generally has to be quite a bit better otherwise to see play.
Oh yeah good point. So is it a viable strategy to filter for Geo (since there is not many who have it), and then wall for it?
Of course! Picking Up the Pieces/Captain's Holiday landed a whole lot back in the day. It became less reliable once doubler piles became a thing and people started packing a whole lot more Archaeology to deal with that, but Decipher/early CC era? Great combo!

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 -  
Also, I didn't check for this when I first posted, but there's a lot more non-unique personnel with Geology (such as the aforementioned Davies) than there are with Law, so you can have more of them in play.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
nobthehobbit wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:06 am Also, I didn't check for this when I first posted, but there's a lot more non-unique personnel with Geology (such as the aforementioned Davies) than there are with Law, so you can have more of them in play.
This is the first thing I wondered. I am also curious what the persona breakdown is, instinctively I would guess there are more personnel with multiple versions that have Law (eg. Picard and Odo) than for Geology. Of course with the universal fact this is quite likely.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation