Discuss all of your questions, concerns, comments and ideas about Second Edition.

By Danny (Daniel Giddings)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
2E British National Runner-Up 2021
Two questions about Honey Bare:

1) Why does one of the "world's leading seismologists" only get [SD]Geology? Did she ever go through a version with 2 Geology?

There was not. That was the skill selection as we inherited it. I’m sure we discussed skills, but I don’t remember any details. I suppose I could say that skills in 2E represent 23rd and 24th century understandings of the concepts. As a Cold War-era scientist, she may not have the vast knowledge of planetary makeup that, say, Pran Tainer has, but she’s well-versed and adherent to the scientific method. Or that Geology + Physics = 2 Seismology? :shrug: -richard

2) Also, although fitting, where does her subtitle come from?
  • Scratch the above - just read the article. Question 1 still stands though.
Last edited by Danny on Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Another question about Honey Bare:

Was she seen as a way to increase usage of Ezri Dax in DS9 decks?

Uh… yeah! :shifty: -richard
StateofSTCCG, who is currently listed as a forum troll [unconstructive and disruptive behavior], made this post. Responding to forum trolls is discouraged.
Display this post.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Lame set. 17 cards... What are you going to do to change things? LOL
Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
What did you learn for Second Chances 2.0?

Huh. I don’t know. Maybe go a little bigger in size? We’re always stretched thin on rainbow sets and it’s difficult to make a card that gives players new options with only one slot. There’s also some affiliations with more options in the Cut Files than others. Maybe focus on three or four undeveloped themes. It wouldn’t give something to everyone, but what we would have could be more fleshed out with support cards.

Which cards do you see making appearnaces in Worlds decks?

This year? Nesting Symbiote doesn’t take much to add it in. The Bynars are useful for adapting to new metas and Honey Bare is another solid 2-cost, 7-Cunning personnel. Captive Audience slots into my Romulus interference builds. Same with Phillipa Louvois and an Android deck. Others might take more time to see develop into their decks. -richard

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
"It bares repeating that we couldn't have done it without a small army of volunteers helping to keep this game going as best they can."

Are you so short on people, that cards like Tholia can make its appearence?
I mean this card must be snotted out in 2 Minutes using an NASA-image of Planet Mercury and an unsharp image of the Defiant. And nobody notices anything? This image of the Defiant would have been sharp at least. Another sign of poverty.

We can disagree without being disagreeable. Indeed the Art Team has few members and is overworked with jobs going on. But there are worse things than a slightly blurry image; I’d never subject them to feedback like that.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]