This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Use this.
Attachments:
image.png
image.png (99.96 KiB) Viewed 5710 times
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
If this is permanent, I will be VERY upset with the guy who wrote Lackey.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
BCSWowbagger wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 12:25 pm If this is permanent, I will be VERY upset with the guy who wrote Lackey.
I wish he'd let us buy it from him.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 2:44 pm
BCSWowbagger wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 12:25 pm If this is permanent, I will be VERY upset with the guy who wrote Lackey.
I wish he'd let us buy it from him.
Every man has his price...

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
How do you create a card pool? Specifically I want to build a Talos tournament deck using only cards from premier through RoA?

I can't seem to find any way to add cards from the "main" pool to the smaller pool

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
So with the OTF to Modern update, I'm having an issue with Lackey. I've started using the "export as txt" instead of using the "save deck" button to keep all my decks txt and not use any dek files.

What I'm noting is when you save the text files, it only saved the tabs that have cards in them. As an example I saved a deck with 13 cards in my Q's tent, but nothing in the tabs after Q's tent, until you get to Aside. So there is nothing in Ref, Dyson, Flash, etc......

When you open the txt file you see this:

Q's Tent:
<13 cards>
Aside:
<2 cards>

Sounds okay but when you reopen the txt file, Lackey seems confused that there is nothing listed in the text file for all those other tabs (Ref, Flash, Dyson... etc). So it dumps all 13+2=15 cards into the Q's Tent.

I can FIX THIS, by listing the tabs manually in the text file.........

Q's Tent:
<13 cards>
Ref:
Dyson:
Flash:
Tactics:
Tribbles:
Sites:
Outside:
Aside:
<2 cards>

NOW, when I open the deck, the cards are all in the correct tabs. But if I edit/export the deck as text again, the same thing happens again.

IS this a known issue?

Should I go back to using dek files? I heard others say this isn't a good idea and txt is the way to go.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I do save as deck -> export as text, then I load from the .dek file.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
I make my decks here and export to Lackey. I open the .txt and save as .dek. This works fine for me. I already had all my decks as .txt files, but also had the option to reimport. Once your decks are reloaded after the Modern change, there is no reason not to continue saving as .dek files going forward. :twocents:
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
Takket wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:25 am So with the OTF to Modern update, I'm having an issue with Lackey. I've started using the "export as txt" instead of using the "save deck" button to keep all my decks txt and not use any dek files.

What I'm noting is when you save the text files, it only saved the tabs that have cards in them. As an example I saved a deck with 13 cards in my Q's tent, but nothing in the tabs after Q's tent, until you get to Aside. So there is nothing in Ref, Dyson, Flash, etc......

When you open the txt file you see this:

Q's Tent:
<13 cards>
Aside:
<2 cards>

Sounds okay but when you reopen the txt file, Lackey seems confused that there is nothing listed in the text file for all those other tabs (Ref, Flash, Dyson... etc). So it dumps all 13+2=15 cards into the Q's Tent.

I can FIX THIS, by listing the tabs manually in the text file.........

Q's Tent:
<13 cards>
Ref:
Dyson:
Flash:
Tactics:
Tribbles:
Sites:
Outside:
Aside:
<2 cards>

NOW, when I open the deck, the cards are all in the correct tabs. But if I edit/export the deck as text again, the same thing happens again.

IS this a known issue?

Should I go back to using dek files? I heard others say this isn't a good idea and txt is the way to go.
When you save a deck with several side decks andnone in between is empty, the remaining cards get pushed into other piles than listed before. It's a known issue. You can put dummy cards into the empty piles or just don't save the deck in lackey again.
I don't expect any fix for this anymore after almost 9 years without changes.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
eberlems wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 12:07 pm
jadziadax8 wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:23 am Lackey is missing the S version of Rax'na that is in the deckbuilder.
All the TWT reprints without tribbles are not in lackey. Except for copyright and some blackborder they are the same, the scans just have bad pictures.
Noted for the purposes of future deckbuilding. Also noted, always check my deck the first time I download it to Lackey. I forgot this time and it cost me the game. :x

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]