This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
We are updating tournament format documents for this year's big championship seasons. One thing we are trying to do is work on a comprehensive X-list for Standard format. Something that only names cards, not group or set banning.

So this is your chance to have a say on what cards wind up on that list. This is what we have so far:

Ajur
All Threes
Amanda Rogers
Anti-Time Anomaly
Barzan Wormhole
Beware of Q
Black Hole
Borg Ship
Bortas
Caretaker’s Array
Colony
Cyrus Redblock
Data Keep Dealing
Destroy Radioactive Garbage Scow
Distortion of Space/Time Continuum
End Transmission
Full Planet Scan
Genetronic Replicator
Going To The Top
Holoprogram: Fortress of Doom
Jack (Maladjusted Misfit) (2E)
James T. Kirk (Original Thinker) (2E)
Kevin Uxbridge
Klim Dokachin
Launch Portal
Metaphasic Shields
Neutaional Shields
Palar Toff – Alien Trader
Q
Q2
Q’s Planet
Quantum Incursions
Raise The Stakes
Reconnaissance Drone (2E)
Revolving Door
Rogue Borg Mercenaries
Scan
Scanner Interference
Senior Staff Meeting
Shape-Shift Inhibitor
Sherlock Holmes
Standard Orbit (2E)
Static Warp Bubble
The Genesis Device
Telepathic Alien Kidnappers
Temporal Rift
Terraforming Station
The Sheliak
Vic Fontaine
Wormhole
Your Galaxy Is Impure

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
So now what cards are missing? Not all cards nominated here will make the list, but let us know what ones your group thinks is missing, along with an explanation of why this card is broken and needs to be taken out of the game.

Now I also know some cards on this list are required for certain major deck types to work. We are looking into this matter and will have a solution before we release this list officially.

By admiral-mogh (Jorn Engstrom)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Almost all cards on your list have errata in Revised Swedish Format!
In addition we have tried to fix the following problem cards too:

Ancestral Vision
Baryon Buildup
Boratus (or maybe you misspelled Bortas?)
Brain Drain
Bynars Weapon Enhancement
Denevan Neural Parasites
Dixon Hill
Horgah´n
Red Alert
Reginald Barclay (UR)
Ressikan Flute
Spatial Rift
Storage Compartment Door (tribbles have nothing to do with tournament play!)
The Next Emanation
The Weak Will Perish
Visit Cochrane Memorial

(PM me if you're interested in the errata list from Revised Swedish)

:cheersL: :borg: :cheersR:

Regards,

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
You are right a lot of the cards on that list are key to making other decks work. I am glad to see Shape-shift Inhibitor on there, that card is just plain stupid and shouldn't be in game, its a definite NPE.

I am kinda impartial to the rule of 4 and banning nothing, although I still think shape-shift inhibitor should be wiped off the face of existence. ;)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
admiral-mogh wrote:Almost all cards on your list have errata in Revised Swedish Format!
In addition we have tried to fix the following problem cards too:

Ancestral Vision
Baryon Buildup
Boratus (or maybe you misspelled Bortas?)
Brain Drain
Bynars Weapon Enhancement
Denevan Neural Parasites
Dixon Hill
Horgah´n
Red Alert
Reginald Barclay (UR)
Ressikan Flute
Spatial Rift
Storage Compartment Door (tribbles have nothing to do with tournament play!)
The Next Emanation
The Weak Will Perish
Visit Cochrane Memorial

(PM me if you're interested in the errata list from Revised Swedish)

:cheersL: :borg: :cheersR:

Regards,
Sure PM me your format. Never hurts to look.

And yes I did misspell Boratus :shifty:
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
bobbyjones wrote:
whitestar29 wrote: Metaphasic Shields
Neutaional Shields

really?
There's a specific reason those are on there. I hope to be able to announce that reason to you soon.

-crp

By arjan242
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
If it's a 1E tournament, ban all 2E cards (yes, the backwards compatible as well) and Raise the Stakes, nothing else. I didn't buy all those cards to see half of them get banned.

I'm still a fan of the Open Format. When cards (or combinations of cards) prove to be too strong, fix that with some new [Ref] card(s). And I don't mean [Ref] cards that effectively ban cards as well. Rogue Borg Mercenaries have been made obsolete in that way for example, which is a shame.

By admiral-mogh (Jorn Engstrom)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
I'd like to se the ban-list as a step on the way to errata. Ban the problematic cards while playtesting errata for them. Once there is a good working errata for a card, it can be removed from the ban-list, and eventually there should be no cards left on the ban list (except for 2E cards, on that I agree 100 % with Arjan).

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
arjan242 wrote:If it's a 1E tournament, ban all 2E cards (yes, the backwards compatible as well) and Raise the Stakes, nothing else. I didn't buy all those cards to see half of them get banned.

I'm still a fan of the Open Format. When cards (or combinations of cards) prove to be too strong, fix that with some new [Ref] card(s). And I don't mean [Ref] cards that effectively ban cards as well. Rogue Borg Mercenaries have been made obsolete in that way for example, which is a shame.
How do you not think shape-shift inhibitor should be legal? That card is just stupid, it neuters every deck that relies on downloading to get itself off the ground, its not like you can download the cards out of thin air, you have to seed cards to download cards, thats the cost for downloading is giving up a seed slot... You shouldn't have to discard a card as well. Such an npe IMO.

By arjan242
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
maverick2909 wrote:
arjan242 wrote:If it's a 1E tournament, ban all 2E cards (yes, the backwards compatible as well) and Raise the Stakes, nothing else. I didn't buy all those cards to see half of them get banned.

How do you not think shape-shift inhibitor should be legal? That card is just stupid, it neuters every deck that relies on downloading to get itself off the ground, its not like you can download the cards out of thin air, you have to seed cards to download cards, thats the cost for downloading is giving up a seed slot... You shouldn't have to discard a card as well. Such an npe IMO.
I agree on SSI being a nasty card, however it might be made less nasty by a [Ref] card which could state something like: "SSI only affects a player when that player has 3 or more personel cards on table than opponent." That way the card makes the SSI not useless, but it does make it more balanced.
Ambassador
By Linkan (Torbjörn Lindquist)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Architect
arjan242 wrote:

I agree on SSI being a nasty card, however it might be made less nasty by a [Ref] card which could state something like: "SSI only affects a player when that player has 3 or more personel cards on table than opponent." That way the card makes the SSI not useless, but it does make it more balanced.
I beg to differ. The inclusion of so many [Ref] cards instead of adjusting rules, or possibly banning problematic cards, is one of the main reasons I play almost exclusivly 2E these days. I would love if the rules where changed so all the [Ref] cards could be banned, and if any cards are beyond repair, ban them too. Why? I want to have fun when I play a game, cards that are big NPEs are not good and should therefor be removed from the pool. While you may say "I paid good money for those cards", I say "I paid good money for all those other cards that don't get playe because of this nonsense". There are two sides of the coin.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Can we keep this thread to suggestions for the X list?

Another thread can continue the SSI discussion if you guys want. I don't mind hearing your thoughts. It never hearts to listen (read?) to what the community thinks is a good fix. Of course any fix will have to pass the rules committee and playtesters first.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I have a question, will there be a card limit to a persons deck? I ask this because I'm a fan of the 4 card rule in revised, but I would like to see it 4 cards per deck, so like you could have 4 cards in the seed deck but the same 4 in the draw deck.

Also, would you all consider something like the star wars version of defensive shields? I think it would be cool to have a doorway that can be seeded but not closed, and you could seed up to 10 [Ref] cards under it from outside the game, and make it like thrice per game you can play a card from under there or something like that.

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.