It all starts at home: local tournaments, local players. Keep track of events in your region, adjacent regions, and around the globe in this forum.

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

What format would YOU like for Trek Bowl IV?

Standard Constructed
18%
Infinite Diversity Draft
18%
Race to the Alpha Quadrant
64%

By flrazor (Jeremy Benedict)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
It's that time of year again, friends... TREK BOWL IV! It's Trek, it's bowling, it's a heck of a good time!

Saturday, December 4, 2010 - 3:00 PM til we can't take it anymore
4 rounds of play to be held at
Fantasy Flight Games Event Center - Mezzanine level
1975 Oakcrest Avenue, Suite 10
Roseville, MN 55113
(located near Rosedale Mall - see above link for map and info)

Following the tournament, join us at Flaherty's Arden Bowl just up the road for a few games of bowling, some adult beverages, and more good times.

Here's the deal, you pick the tournament, I'll bring the prizes! Vote for the format you'd like to have by November 14th - most votes decides it. We have the mezzanine all to ourselves all day, so come early if you'd like some extra matches and check out the newest venue in the Twin Cities. It's going to be a great time, come on out and bring your best game and your bowling shoes!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
One more week to decide the format, and as of now Race is in the lead! Remember to make selections by next Sunday so we can lock it in and get everyone prepared.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
The voters have spoken, it's going to be Race to the Alpha Quadrant! It's a fun format and I'm really looking forward to it. For those who aren't familiar, it's a constructed deck format - no restrictions on what you build, just keep the additional rules in mind. What rules, you ask? I'll be posting the list later today or tomorrow for your consumption. Each round you'll roll to see which rule applies to you for that game. The rule lasts for the duration of that game and doesn't carry forward once the game is over. Also, no player will get the same rule twice during the event (we'll have a sheet for each person - if you roll one you've had, roll again). Some rules might help you, some might hinder you, but either way you'll have to adjust to your situation (and possibly your opponent's) to come out on top.

If anyone has any questions, please let me know and I'll do my best to clarify. Look for the list soon, I'm making final adjustments to make sure it's going to be an interesting afternoon!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Work week was crazy, so here's the list a little later than anticipated. Plan accordingly. ;)

[1] = You may choose the cards to form your opening hand from your deck.
[2] = You may draw a card at the start of each of your turns. (Does not count towards your Play/Draw counters for that round.)
[3] = You may have more than one copy of your unique personnel in play at the same time.
[4] = You may begin the game with one of your ships at your headquarters mission (where that ship could normally be played).
[5] = Your ships have no staffing requirements.
[6] = When your opponent attempts a mission, you may draw up to two additional cards from your dilemma pile. (# of counters to spend does not increase.)
[7] = You have one less counter to spend during the Play and Draw Cards phase of your turn.
(7-Cost cards played at full Cost are exempt)
[8] = Each non-interrupt card played after your first two non-interrupt cards are played each turn is Cost +2.
[9] = You must begin mission attempts with a minimum of nine personnel.
[10] = Each of your non-unique personnel is Cost +1 to play. (Printed cost remains the same for all other purposes.)
[11] = Each of your missions is Span +1.
[12] = Your maximum hand size is reduced to five cards for your Discard Excess Cards phase.

Questions and comments welcome, have fun getting ready! [Ref]
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Prophet
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
flrazor wrote:[1] = You may choose the cards to form your opening hand from your deck.
[2] = You may draw a card at the start of each of your turns. (Does not count towards your Play/Draw counters for that round.)
[3] = You may have more than one copy of your unique personnel in play at the same time.
[4] = You may begin the game with one of your ships at your headquarters mission (where that ship could normally be played).
[5] = Your ships have no staffing requirements.
[6] = When your opponent attempts a mission, you may draw up to two additional cards from your dilemma pile. (# of counters to spend does not increase.)
[7] = You have one less counter to spend during the Play and Draw Cards phase of your turn.
(7-Cost cards played at full Cost are exempt)
[8] = Each non-interrupt card played after your first two non-interrupt cards are played each turn is Cost +2.
[9] = You must begin mission attempts with a minimum of nine personnel.
[10] = Each of your non-unique personnel is Cost +1 to play. (Printed cost remains the same for all other purposes.)
[11] = Each of your missions is Span +1.
[12] = Your maximum hand size is reduced to five cards for your Discard Excess Cards phase.
Thanks for getting these up, Jer. I have one question about Rule #5 that I'm pretty sure I know the answer to, but some of our new guys may not. Does the ship having no staffing requirements mean you don't need command and staff stars but still a dude from that affiliation to fly it or does it literally mean nobody is needed and it can fly on auto-pilot?

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Nuts, I was hoping to attend my my mother-in-law's birthday is the forth.... Maybe I'll luck out and she'll want some Sunday Brunch instead....

:cross:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
LORE wrote:
flrazor wrote:[5] = Your ships have no staffing requirements.
Thanks for getting these up, Jer. I have one question about Rule #5 that I'm pretty sure I know the answer to, but some of our new guys may not. Does the ship having no staffing requirements mean you don't need command and staff stars but still a dude from that affiliation to fly it or does it literally mean nobody is needed and it can fly on auto-pilot?
Good question that someone usually asks as soon as they roll it for the first time. ;) It means literally NO staffing requirements - no matching personnel or command/staff requirements. Basically "auto-pilot" as you suggested. This does not negate requirements of other cards like engagement cards that require certain personnel be on the ship (i.e. "Begin an engagement involving your Leadership personnel.") Basically it just means they fly with no one on them, so no de-staffing is your benefit.

Also a good time to reiterate that rules only apply to the game you roll them for and don't carry over into future games, and also no rule can be repeated by an individual player. So if you roll a five and get no-staffing, you can't roll it again and it doesn't last beyond that game.

By Foreman
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
I remember a game with these rules (it might have been slightly different) and I was playing TOS against a dual HQ dissident deck. I rolled something that let me start with Josephs in my hand. First turn 10 cards went off the top of the opponents deck. That was pretty fun.

By Ajnaran
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Foreman wrote:I remember a game with these rules (it might have been slightly different) and I was playing TOS against a dual HQ dissident deck. I rolled something that let me start with Josephs in my hand. First turn 10 cards went off the top of the opponents deck. That was pretty fun.
That's pretty sick!

I just hope I remember to have ships that can actually fly away from my HQ if the missions get the range boost lol.

I can see a double OT Kirk festival happening here...prolly a good thing now that Captain on the Bridge got neutered!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ajnaran wrote:I can see a double OT Kirk festival happening here...prolly a good thing now that Captain on the Bridge got neutered!
If you or someone is lucky enough, sure. ;) That's what it really comes down to, the first one I ran a while back I am almost positive no one had that rule the entire event. You roll it, go for it, if you're against it, play defensively and smart. I love the format if for no other reason it makes you change your game not only to what decks you face, but conditions that are beyond your choosing as well. Shows off just how well you can think on your feet.

And really, beating someone with an advantage while you've got a more negative rule applied is just that much sweeter.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trek Bowl is only a couple days away and the prize pool is taking shape - there will be plenty of foils, buttons, and tickets, as well as some other goodies still coming in. I'll be at the venue around 1:00 for anyone coming in early and some folks have already said they'll be there to throw down a few extra games before the event begins at 3:00. If you are planning to come and haven't pre-registered yet, please take a minute to do so. Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend!
Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keyword they[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]