For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By RedDwarf (Unjustly Banned)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
WCT Online League tournament #1.2 - Second Edition Standard

Pairings will be announced in this forum on Mondays. Players have until the following Monday to get together, play and report the result. Results should be reported here or via PM to RedDwarf.

- LackeyCCG and Skype are required to play.
- Rules/Banned cards in effect at the start of the tournament remain in effect throughout.
- You may NOT change your decks between rounds.
- 2 hour time limit per game.

1st round
pairings announced: Monday, September 26th
results due by: Monday, October 3rd

2nd round
pairings announced: Monday, October 3rd
results due by: Monday, October 10th

3rd round
pairings announced: Monday, October 10th
results due by: Monday, October 17th

4th round
pairings announced: Monday, October 17th
results due by: Monday October 24th.

Please pre-register on the tournament page (link at the top of this post) before Monday, September 26th.

If you have any questions, please post them here.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
RedDwarf wrote:WCT Online League tournament #1.2 - Second Edition Standard

- LackeyCCG and Skype are required to play.

If you have any questions, please post them here.
As tan official recognized league, does this mean that TrekCC has decided on Lackey as the official online platform?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
RedDwarf wrote:- Rules/Banned cards in effect at the start of the tournament remain in effect throughout.
I am assuming this refers to errata's etc that may occur during the tournament? and there are not some hidden banned cards specific to this event that I am unaware of?

By RedDwarf (Unjustly Banned)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
prylardurden wrote:does this mean that TrekCC has decided on Lackey as the official online platform?
We haven't made a decision yet. The league is being used as a test for organized online play. If things go well, then Lackey is likely to be picked.
BaronMorrath wrote:I am assuming this refers to errata's etc that may occur during the tournament? and there are not some hidden banned cards specific to this event that I am unaware of?
I plan to have a surprise banning of 500 cards the day before the tournament begins ;)

The reference to banned cards is for First Edition players - where cards are actually banned.
BaronMorrath wrote:does playing in this event score me a pendari champion?
At the moment, I'm planning on sending the winner and two random players the foils in each tournament.

If participation is higher than expected, then I'll see if I can bribe a certain warehouse manager to send me more foils for distribution.

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
I've signed up to the tournament, now that I have this Lackey thing down (mostly. Well, almost). Now just to get to grips with Skype...

Aside from the platform, one of the biggest hurdles for me (and Vlad I presume) is finding the right time to play, assuming my opponent will be several time zones behind. I guess times are to be arranged with opponent, but what happens if mutual acceptable times cannot be arranged?

Cheers,

Nick

By vlasopes
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E Czech National Champion 2011
Years ago I tested holotable. I dont remember much but harsh feeling that it was somehow too complicated to use. Not sure whether that was only because of my incompetence to use it right or the sophistication of the software.
Lackey on the other hand is, at least IMO, very easy to use. I needed two testing games and few solo games to learn more than the basics. However, I dont think the 2 hour limit is sufficient for every action (especially taking look at top cards, shuffling them back, grabing cards from the draw deck etc.) takes a lot of time without mentioning that some players have rarely used Lackey before and all actions/turns could take much longer.
I would at least for this first tournament prolong the time limit to three hours.

By Boon of Bolian (Rem Boon)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
A tip to all about lackey: Right mouse click is your friend.

Right click on the play mat and you get options like draw x. very useful in the start of the game.

Right click on any of the tabs of the "piles" will give options like:
Move top/bottom/random x cards to......
Reveal top/bottom/random x cards to ......(this will generate a screen in which you can select to do with the revealed cards)
Discard x at random

Hope these help, BoB

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
My first game took about 2.5 hours, my second game took 1 hour 38 minutes, although that would have been even quicker had Skype not kept dropping out.

I would suggest that first time Lackey players use a fairly simple deck rather than an 80 card downloading deck to keep things moving, and stick to the 2 hour time limit. With the different zones I think 3 hours would be impractical.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I've just registered. This week I bought a cam, yesterday I installed Skype and I'v been doing some tests alone on Lackey about a month ago. Need some practice for sure but I don't know how to get it aside by forcing someone to play with me in a tournament.

Patience will be needed from my opponent but he'll probably be rewarded with a victory. :wink:

In the mean time if anyone wants to play this afternoon, tomorrow or at anytime after just PM me.

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]

MN 2024 Gatherings

28th it is. 1E Event is up: https://www.trekcc.or[…]