The National Championship Events offer year-round opportunities for high level competition outside of the traditional "Road to Worlds." Find out more about a National Event near you!

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By RedDwarf (Unjustly Banned)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Dear all

In association with our most awesome and very gracious venue, FanBoy3, we are delighted to announce that the First Edition UK Nationals will take place in Manchester at the end of November.

Details
Date: Sunday 27th of November
Venue: FanBoy3 Game store, 17 Newton Street, Manchester - Click here for directions
Starts: Midday
Contact: Danny (nuttersuclan), via PM, reply to this thread, or email padihampredator@hotmail.com
Format: 1e OTF
Pre-registration: (here) Not essential, but very helpful (so I can inform venue of numbers & arrange prize support)

I look forward to seeing you there!

Regards
Danny
1E_UK_Nationals_2011.jpg
1E_UK_Nationals_2011.jpg (91.18 KiB) Viewed 7129 times

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Does anyone know whether the First Contact set will be out at the start or end of November?

Just incase I need to change my deck :P

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
They must have heard about my killer Wesley deck and backed out...
:shifty:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
We're up to 6 registered now, which is great. It's going to much more meaningful to the victor to top a well attended tournament, rather than beating only 1-or-2 people!

Nava is also intending to come over from Germany for this (he has family in the UK too) and Marcus will hopefully be attending. Has anyone heard from the Grimsby crew? It'd be awesome if we can get them involved too.

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
If you want extra prizes, just do what we do and pimp out James Hoskin as a rent boy. You'd be surprised how much that brings in, and James doesn't complain, as long as he gets to win a couple tournaments after.

(check out 2E results on the 2nd December in London, James won both tournaments the week after we raised our prize money - coincidence?)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
nickyank wrote:If you want extra prizes, just do what we do and pimp out James Hoskin as a rent boy. You'd be surprised how much that brings in, and James doesn't complain, as long as he gets to win a couple tournaments after.

(check out 2E results on the 2nd December in London, James won both tournaments the week after we raised our prize money - coincidence?)
There's no market for Hoskins in the north - it would seem that only southerners have that particular niche 'kink'. I couldn't even get a fiver for Will, even though he tells me he's clearly the better looking of the two.

James will be a cash cow for you as long as you remain south of the Watford Gap!

In all seriousness, that's an impressive treasure chest you've put together sir - nicely done!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
nickyank wrote:Why thank you sir!

Next year I'll partake in your 1E nationals, if you play in our 2E nationals :cheersR:
It's a deal! My intention is to buy some cards and learn 2e in 2012 anyway, so that's magic for me!

Perhaps next year we can go for a combined nationals weekend - 1e and 2e together? We'd probably get a really good attendance that way for both.

By nickyank
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
2E World Semi-Finalist 2023
2E British National Champion 2021
We can try a combined Nationals, might be a good idea. We'll have to get a nice cheap venue and try and get quite a few players involved! I wonder if the Grimsby boys would let us hire out there venue for the weekend?

I'm going to try some events over the next year to raise money for the Nationals, to try and top this years' prizes. If the Nationals were before the Europeans or Gencon I'd love to provide flights and/or accomodation. We'll see!

Congrats to Mugato for going 4-0 in the tourna[…]

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't com[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon a[…]

Vulcan Observation icons

That's what I thought. I think the card may not b[…]