For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Mission to Talos IV

And so continues our epic 11 tournament journey ascending through the history of STCCG!

From September 2011 to July 2012 we will run monthly tournaments (besides the regular ones) to be part of this series. Every tournament will add new sets to the cardpool; we want to give new and reentering players a chance to catch up with the 3500+ cards of 1E as well as the established ones a chance to relive that complete history of the game.

At this, the third leg of our journey, we will add in the Q-Continuum and Two-Player Card Game Expansions. As such, it will include the cards released up through 1996 but still utilizing OTF and the ban list.

When will it start?
Registration starts now. Round one will start one week from today on November 13th.

Next Month will see the introduction of First Contact and Special Downloading in celebration of the release of Resistance is Futile.

What do you guys think? Are there any Ref cards which should be included in this tournament (we have a week before it starts). We also considered Enhanced Premiere.
Last edited by The Mad Vulcan on Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
At some point in the series, will the start time within the month be adjusted to align better with the WCT tournaments? The staggered time has meant that each Talos tourney overlaps with two WCT rounds, and it would be helpful it could overlap with only one.

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Curious.

The WCT Online events occur every month with the next event occurring right after the previous one concludes.

Therefore, the Talos events will always overlap one or more WCT events, and will overlap a total of 4 rounds (though we are more relaxed about game due dates; prioritize WCT games).

I thought that a stagger pattern was ideal as starting 2 tournaments at the same time would mean that the player will have to build 2 decks (more if they play 2E or Tribbles).

The Talos Events are primarily for new players, so a turnout of just the 4 players who are not in the WCT event would be acceptable. Any player with enough free time for multiple simultaneous events is welcome (e.g. warpaw.)

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
The Mad Vulcan wrote:Next Month will see the introduction of First Contact and Special Downloading in celebration of the release of Resistance is Futile.
Two notes:

I imagine Special Downloading was (technically) already introduced with Tasha Yar - Alternate in Tournament 2.

Also, isn't this Tournament 3, rather than 4 as the subject line says?
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
From the original tournament description:
Voyage from Farpoint - Constructed card pool:
1. Premiere + 2PG OTF + alterations
2. Sealed OTSD Open (special ban list may apply)
3. Constructed Premiere + 2 Players Game + AU + Q + Enhanced Premiere + OTSD (OTF - special rules may apply)
4. Constructed Premiere + 2 Players Game + AU + Q + Enhanced Premiere + OTSD + FC (probably OTF - special rules may apply)
Just to check - does this description still apply? Like the inclusion of Enhanced Premiere and OTSD? What about Fajo cards?

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
nobthehobbit wrote: Also, isn't this Tournament 3, rather than 4 as the subject line says?
I have no idea what you are talking about. :shifty:
KazonPADD wrote:From the original tournament description:
3. Constructed Premiere + 2 Players Game + AU + Q + Enhanced Premiere + OTSD (OTF - special rules may apply)
4. Constructed Premiere + 2 Players Game + AU + Q + Enhanced Premiere + OTSD + FC (probably OTF - special rules may apply)
Just to check - does this description still apply? Like the inclusion of Enhanced Premiere and OTSD? What about Fajo cards?
Yes, lets put Fajo in.

What does everyone think about the Enhanced Premiere and OTSD cards being in?

To me, those belong in their respective release times. But we have already introduced the OTSD 20 in Tournament 2 and Enhanced Premiere does fit well with this era.
Last edited by The Mad Vulcan on Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Nava
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
commdecker wrote:At some point in the series, will the start time within the month be adjusted to align better with the WCT tournaments? The staggered time has meant that each Talos tourney overlaps with two WCT rounds, and it would be helpful it could overlap with only one.
The problem here is, that the Talos IV series is constructed to start after the first Monday in a month to be able to integrate the errata and banlist changes. We did this, so players would not have to remember what banlist was active 3 weeks ago (and keeping Lackey plugins up-to-date is far easier then ;))

The WTC tournaments do (sadly) not start after the first Monday but at the start of a month. Those wanting to participate in both event should pay attention to that difference and use perhaps 2 Lackey installations, because 2 different card pools will exist...

Nava

By Nava
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KazonPADD wrote:From the original tournament description:
Future was quite cloudy then ... but The Mad Vulcan can see it all clear - he is the TD and he bends his knee only to the almighty glossary ;).

Nava

By soggy_amphibian (Mark)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Maje
I vote for Enhanced Premiere in - I already made my seed deck with that in mind. And I was pretty pleased with that, too.
OTF Banlist, however, does sound very good. No Red Alert suits me fine this time round...
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
I'd prefer to keep EP, Fajo and OTSD in. Feels like those cards fit together well as part of the PAQ era.

Also, what's the deck size rules for this? Still 60 total including missions?

By Boon of Bolian (Rem Boon)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I agree with having EP and fajo in the card pool. OTF sounds nice too, no red alerts and mission stealing.(yes I know that I won the first one using it)

also deck limit is important to know.

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Looks like we have a consensus.

The rules will be straight up OTF, no special deck building limitations.

The card pool will be:

Premiere.
(minus Anti-time Anomaly, Borg Ship, Distortion of Space/Time Continuum, Full Planet Scan, Genetronic Replicator, Horgah'n, Palor Toff - Alien Trader, Raise the Stakes, Red Alert!, Rogue Borg Mercenaries, Scan, Static Warp Bubble, Subspace Schism, Supernova, Telepathic Alien Kidnappers)

Alternate Universe.
(minus Brain Drain, Destroy Radioactive Garbage Scow, Devidian Door, Ressikan Flute, Revolving Door, Senior Staff Meeting)

Q-Continuum.
(minus Colony, End Transmission, Q's Planet, Terraforming Station, The Sheliak)

Two Player Card Game.

The Fajo Collection.
(minus Black Hole)

Official Tournament Sealed Deck.

Enhanced Premiere.

For a total card pool of 659 cards.

By Tosk
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I'd like to start building my deck, and I just want to make sure: for this round have we moved to the "30 card seed deck, minimum 30 card (no maximum) draw deck, + 6 mission cards" ?

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I will hunt you down, Tosk. Hunt you down and make you wear a collar and stroll in shame down the promenade.
The Mad Vulcan wrote: The rules will be straight up OTF, no special deck building limitations.
Good luck with the deck building!

:cheersL:

By enrico81
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Just preregisterd but never used Lackecy before so hope that teh person I'm gone play has some patience to explain some basis stuff (or is someone else avail;able to explain how to use it)

Thanks

edit
noted in my work schedule I won't have nay time avialbe in the 4th week so will need to pass for this round, still hoping that someone could explain this though.

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.