It all starts at home: local tournaments, local players. Keep track of events in your region, adjacent regions, and around the globe in this forum.

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Our main event is a 1e Virtual card pool OTF tournament!

4 rounds (provisionally). I will be playing in the event, as always, and so two other players will be designated Tournament Directors on the day. We will run this as round-robin (everyone plays everyone) or swiss style if we get more than 5 players.

New players are more than welcome. We're happy to lend decks to you and teach you how to play on the day...contact me in advance for details :D

The virtual card pool is everything that you can print to make a deck! Specifically;

The following cards are legal:
* All virtual expansions, including virtual promos. That is, anything with a rarity of V or VP.
* All missions.
* All universal personnel and ships.
* All cards that have received errata.

This includes 2EBC cards that fit the above criteria.

Round 1 will start at 12:15pm
Round 2 will start at 1.45pm
Round 3 will start at 3:15pm
Round 4 will start at 4:45pm

Prizes for everyone - additional prizes for new players too!

A Tribbles tournament will begin at the conclusion of this event. You can register for this here. If you haven't played before, it's easy enough to learn the rules in about 2 minutes - great fun too!

By abraxias
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I've just put my name down, although I've looked at some example 1E decks and now I'm wondering what on earth this Q side deck and whatever are all about :?

Time to read the rules!

ps if anyone would like to hang round for an introduction to 2E I could probably knock up a couple of starter packs.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
abraxias wrote:I've just put my name down, although I've looked at some example 1E decks and now I'm wondering what on earth this Q side deck and whatever are all about :?

Time to read the rules!

ps if anyone would like to hang round for an introduction to 2E I could probably knock up a couple of starter packs.
That sounds awesome to me, I'm def up for the 2e intro games as well :D

The Q's Tent sidedeck is, thankfully, one of the simple sidedecks! It's typically used by players to store cards that you can download (so you don't draw them from the draw deck), or important cards for your strategy that you can get quickly and reliably by stocking multiple Q's Tent doorways in your deck in order to play them during your turn to get the much needed card.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
The Scotch are Invading!

Kev and I will be down on sat evening and will be heading off sun night.

I'm sure he'll be up for some breeding (Tribbles that is)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
sexecutioner wrote:The Scotch are Invading!

Kev and I will be down on sat evening and will be heading off sun night.

I'm sure he'll be up for some breeding (Tribbles that is)
Sweet. One minor prob...maybe.

You'd need to arrive pretty late on Sat if you wanna stay at mine. I'm in Nottingham on Sat night for a wedding (forgot about that) and won't be back until about 1am I reckon.

Legendary commitment to the cause once again gents, much appreciated!

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
KazonPADD wrote:And I assume I don't actually need to print universal personnel if I have physical copies?
Without looking up the precise OPG quote, I believe this is correct; further, I think you can always use physical copies of printable cards (part of why TNG: Supplemental is separate from TNG).

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
All universal ships and personnel are available, as are missions, but no you don't have to actually print them for the event.

Nob is also correct that you don't have to print cards if you have physical copies (Founder Secret, etc.) although the wording for the Virtual card is the one we will use if there is a difference (the virtual Friendly Fire, for instance, doesn't have Empok Nor is the lore and therefore can't be stocked in Dyson Sphere Door).

Don't forget that 2e universal people and ships are also legal.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
nuttersuclan wrote:Nob is also correct that you don't have to print cards if you have physical copies (Founder Secret, etc.) although the wording for the Virtual card is the one we will use if there is a difference (the virtual Friendly Fire, for instance, doesn't have Empok Nor is the lore and therefore can't be stocked in Dyson Sphere Door).

Don't forget that 2e universal people and ships are also legal.
Actually, any dilemma can be put under DSD, and the virtual Friendly Fire is Empok Nor-related--that was redefined recently to be any dilemma with Empok Nor in lore or game text (specifically to deal with the reprinted Friendly Fire).

And I think any card that is printable in 2E and BC is printable for 1E purposes (but I'd have to check).

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
nobthehobbit wrote:the virtual Friendly Fire is Empok Nor-related--that was redefined recently to be any dilemma with Empok Nor in lore or game text (specifically to deal with the reprinted Friendly Fire).
I didn't know that, thanks for informing me. Good to know!
and I think any card that is printable in 2E and BC is printable for 1E purposes (but I'd have to check).
Yeah, that's right. I recall Commdecker busting out an Occupational Hazards on me in the online event!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
PS - is there a convenient way to search for BC cards that are printable?

A 'printable' filter on the 1e card search page would be awesome!

(if anyone wants it, I have a word file with the printable database on it - thanks to OKCoyote. I'm not sure it's 100% accurate, or even up-to-date as new cards were made available to print at the start of July. Still, it's handy and as long as you double-check each entry, there shouldn't be a problem.)
2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !