For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

• 183 posts

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Format:
OTF

Card pool:
1x Voyager sealed deck and 4x Voyager boosters (Your card pool will be sent to you via a personal message before round 1 begins).

Rules:
We shall use the following (slightly adapted rules)

Constructing your deck
❖ Each player may select up to 3 missions (I would suggest at least a planet and a space mission). Missions don't count as seed cards.
❖ All decks have to follow the 10/20 rule: a maximum of 10 seed cards and a minimum of 20 cards in your draw deck.
❖ Your 10 seed cards may contain 1 ship, personnel or equipment.
❖ Each player may seed only one outpost. Additional outpost may be built later.
❖ Regions and quadrants are ignored. You may build a Nekrit Depot outside the Nekrit Expanse and you may report all drawn personnel and ships at the Outpost.
❖ This is an OTF format. Cards on the OTF banlist may not be used.

Seed Phase
❖ Missions are not shuffled; each player selects his sequence of missions.
❖ The player going first seeds his first mission on his left side; this is the mission where he has to build his outpost.
❖ The second player places his mission in direction of the other side of the spaceline. Both players take alternate turns in placing missions.
❖ The last mission on the far side of the spaceline is the mission where the second player has to place his outpost. So player 2 must save the outpost mission to seed last. Thus the outposts are at opposite ends.
❖ Missions may duplicate; players don't overlap duplicate missions.
❖ Artifacts and dilemmas are batch seeded. If both players wish to seed at a mission, the owners seed cards are encountered last.
❖ You may not seed more than 4 cards under an opponents mission.
❖ If a player chooses to seed a single personnel, ship or equipment it must be seeded last at his outpost face up.

Play Phase
❖ Each player may make up to two card plays at the start of each turn.
❖ All cards may mix regardless of affiliation (imagine an universal treaty in play). Matching personnel are still needed for mission attempts, ship staffing e.a.
❖ No attack restrictions!
❖ Holographic personnel are treated as normal personnel - ignore the icon.
❖ Quadrant reporting restrictions are ignored as well as the icon.
❖ Players may not attempt opponents missions.
❖ At the end of turn the player draws 1 card. If the players hand is not 7 cards he must to even up by discarding or drawing cards until he holds 7 cards.
❖ Each player may regenerate once; if a player is not able to draw any more cards, he may take all personnel, ships and equipment cards from his discard pile and form a new draw deck with those cards.

Winning the game
❖ The player who solves first a planet and a space mission wins the game (FW).
❖ If no player scores a full win before both draw deck exhaust, then the player who solved the most missions wins the game (MW).
❖ If both players solved the same number of missions, the player with the most points wins (MW).
❖ If both players solve the same number of missions, score the same amount of points then the game is scored as a tie (TT) - or you simply play a second game.

Other
❖ We will skip the Warp Speed rule that Red Alert! applies to both players. It's just dumb.

Schedule:
Round 1 starts Monday May the 6th
Round 2 starts Monday May the 13th
Round 3 starts Monday May the 20th
Round 4 starts Monday May the 27th and concludes on June the 3rd.
Last edited by nuttersuclan on Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
nuttersuclan wrote: Other
❖ We will skip the Warp Speed rule that Red Alert! applies to both players. It's just dumb.
Why is this dumb? The rule only applies if the Red Alert! card is in play; which, since you are running a Voyager sealed deck with OTF, it doubly won't happen.
Last edited by MilesStuntDouble on Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
MilesStuntDouble wrote:
nuttersuclan wrote: Other
Why is this dumb? The rule only applies if the Red Alert! card is in play; which, since you are running a Voyager sealed deck with OTF, it doubly won't happen.
Yes, you have nailed why it is 'dumb'.
Last edited by The Mad Vulcan on Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Wedge772 (Matthew Ting)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Adventurer
1E Australian National Champion 2015
I'm tempted to try this, but I'm not sure what my travel schedule looks like in May, so possible I wouldn't be able to finish it.

Maybe can put my name down if there is an odd number of players, to avoid a bye? Then in the worst case I'll either miss games or just drop from the tournament.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Wedge772 wrote:I'm tempted to try this, but I'm not sure what my travel schedule looks like in May, so possible I wouldn't be able to finish it.

Maybe can put my name down if there is an odd number of players, to avoid a bye? Then in the worst case I'll either miss games or just drop from the tournament.
Sign up - we're flexible and the games tend to last 30-45 mins, so it's easier to fit in wherever you are Matt.

Should be a blast with all those players!
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
May will be busy for me as well but I love Warp Speed.

I may have to miss a week or get an extension as I'm taking a trip during that month.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
nuttersuclan wrote:
KazonPADD wrote:I'm sorely tempted to join in too... but May looks like it will be a really busy month. :-(
Again, the games are so quick it's so east to fit them in. Join and make this the biggest online event yet!
Sod it. I'm in.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
LORE wrote:If we draw over 16 participants, we'll need to play 5 rounds to have a clear winner, no?
Five rounds for a clear winner? :D
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
LORE wrote:If we draw over 16 participants, we'll need to play 5 rounds to have a clear winner, no?
I hope so. Warp Speed is fun :)
Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Keywords are written in lore, not implied Exc[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]