For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
Let the games begin!

Today is the start date for the Random Treaty Tournament (in my time zone, anyway -- sorry Europe, I dropped the ball there).

There are four players and three rounds, so this will be round-robin. As such, you can play any of the other players in the tournament at any time, without waiting for explicit pairings. You will be playing everyone eventually, so you may do so at your convenience. Please try to play one game (or more) each week, so that you have one result in by Dec 25, a second by Jan 1, and the third by Jan 8.

There still are official pairings, though they might only be relevant for CVP tiebreakers:

Round 1: (players will determine who goes first)
Seppel (Caretaker's Guest) vs Paddy (Kazon PADD)
Niall (sexecutioner) vs Will (Gumbo)

Round 2: winner plays winner, etc.

Round 3: The opponent you haven't faced yet.

Reminder of some of the rules, some of which are specific to this tournament:

- Your deck (seed, draw, or etc.) should contain the treaty which you were assigned, and it must meet the requirements for the corresponding achievement.
- You must follow all of the standard rules and card text regarding seeding or playing your assigned treaty. However, once in play, it may not be nullified or leave play.
- LackeyCCG and Skype are required to play. You should now be using the latest version of the non-alpha startrek1 Lackey plugin.
- Rules and card text in effect at the start of the tournament remain in effect throughout.
- You may NOT change your decks between rounds.
- 2 1/2 hour time limit per game.

Format: Constructed
Card pool: Complete
Rules: OTF

Please post your results here, or send them to me via PM.

Good luck to all!

(Paddy and Niall, I saw your result from the other thread -- no need to repost it.)

By Gumbo
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Niall (sexecutioner) vs Will (Gumbo)

Will gets the FW 100-50

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Gumbo wrote:Niall (sexecutioner) vs Will (Gumbo)

Will gets the FW 100-50
:thumbsup:

An even match up, you got your revenge this time...

Until next time :wink:

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Seppel gets the FW 131-80 in a very close game.

:thumbsup: cheers dude

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
Well, it turns out it did come down to the CVP this time. Three players won two games apiece. Will and Paddy won their randomly-assigned first-round matches, and Will won when the two of them finally faced off. That was actually the last match played, but it counted as the round-2 faceoff ... which meant that Will won his "first two" matches, for the CVP victory. Congratulations! He moves on to the finals, as does the last-place treaty.

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.