For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Once again I'm stealing an idea someone had for a 1E tournament and applying it to a 2E event.

This event is an Infinite Diversity Draft event that starts on Monday, June 10th.

How does that even work?

Each player will receive an Infinite Diversity set with all 21 cards it contains. These cards are fixed and are not drafted.

Next, each player will receive (and draft) a mission pack with nine missions - this list will be generated by TrekCC's Virtual Pack Creator but will be emailed to players as a .txt file. NOTE: On your first pick with the mission pack you are entitled to two picks - this will enable you to take both headquarters included in the pack if you so desire.

Next, each player will receive 6 additional packs of 9 cards each, in two groupings of 3 packs each. The first group of 3 will be drafted together, then the second group will be sent and drafted.

A random table order will be generated and each player will pass their missions to the right, then the first 3 packs to the left, then the second 3 packs back to the right.

The packs are generated by the TrekCC Virtual Pack Creator, but will be sent as .txt files that can be opened in WordPad. To open the packs, simply do so in WordPad. Next, choose the card that you want from the pack, remove it (Ctrl + X) and paste it into your card pool (your initial draft kit, Ctrl + P). Save both files and send the packs (minus one card each) along to the next person in the list.

Depending on how many players register, there may be multiple pods. If so, each pod will have a different set of draft packs (Classic TNG, For the Cause, or Dominion War) allowing for more variety among total decks.

Because it will take time to draft the cards:

The deadline for registering or unregistering for this event is Sunday, May 20th. The cards will go out the next day.

The number of rounds will be dependent on the number of participants.

Infinite Diversity rules apply to this event. (For reference, I'll summarize those in the next post.)
Last edited by OKCoyote on Tue May 21, 2013 1:40 pm, edited 6 times in total.
 -  
Infinite Diversity Rules:

Deck Size Limits
Deck Size: Minimum 25, Maximum NONE
Dilemma Pile: Minimum 10, Maximum NONE
Missions: Minimum 3, Maximum 5

As a limited event, the "rule of three" is suspended while players are constructing their draft decks.

Multiple Headquarters
If your deck contains more than one headquarters mission, you may play a personnel or ship at your headquarters mission that you could play at your other headquarters mission. You must spend one additional counter when paying that card's cost.

First Turn Download
During the Play and Draw Cards segment of your first turn (and only your first turn), you may spend 3 counters to download a ship.

Dilemma Recycling
When your opponent scores points from a mission, you may return all your dual dilemmas overcome at that mission to your dilemma pile.

Discard Pile Recycling
When your deck contains no cards, you must take all the cards from your discard pile and shuffle them to form a new deck. This is done only once per game.

Victory Conditions
A player wins the game when he or she has:
* scored 70 points (or more);
* completed at least one planet mission; and
* completed at least one space mission.
 -  
Pushed all the dates on this back a week (since I forgot about my vacation in May).
 -  
Bumping just a reminder. Still got a couple weeks to sign up for this one. Deadline is May 20th.

Cersan - the issue is getting everyone online to draft at the same time. Since that's not very feasible, email is the backup option. It worked last month for the Talos draft event.
 -  
Bump! One week left to sign up for some Infinite Diversity draft!
 -  
The signup period for this event has passed and I'm preparing the cardpools.

We have seven players for this event. I'd like an even number. Since I can't register for this one myself (since I have knowledge of the card pools) I'm looking for a volunteer. If you'd like to play and aren't registered yet, please pre-register in the next 24 hours and send me a PM containing your e-mail address.

Also, players that are already registered - if we get eight, would you prefer 2 pods of 4 (each pod with a different set of draft packs to allow more variety of affiliations) or 1 big pod of 8?
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
If you boys really need a volunteer, I can probably jump in since I love me some sealed and it seems unlikely that I will be playing in my own events slated to start next Monday (only 10 pre-reg'd, cutting to even groupings of 4.) Lmk.

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Big Pod
OKCoyote wrote: Depending on how many players register, there may be multiple pods. If so, each pod will have a different set of draft packs (Classic TNG, For the Cause, or Dominion War) allowing for more variety among total decks.
Actually, this sounds cool.

No preference.
Last edited by The Mad Vulcan on Tue May 21, 2013 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
OKCoyote wrote:if we get eight, would you prefer 2 pods of 4 (each pod with a different set of draft packs to allow more variety of affiliations) or 1 big pod of 8?
2 pods of 4 to increase deck diversity and make it easier / faster emailing packs back and forth.
 -  
LORE wrote:If you boys really need a volunteer, I can probably jump in since I love me some sealed and it seems unlikely that I will be playing in my own events slated to start next Monday (only 10 pre-reg'd, cutting to even groupings of 4.) Lmk.
Would love to have you aboard, Kris.
 -  
Kris, if you're going to play, I'll need your email address (just PM it to me).
 -  
Two pods it is. Master email with your starting card pool, and all mission packs have been sent. If there any issues with them or you didn't receive them, let me know.

First: Michael Burnham Last: Saru

So with the new version of The Final Frontier , i[…]

FIRST pair? You got more cooking? I am hoping t[…]

Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]