You've played at the local, regional, and continental levels. Are you ready to take on the best in the world? Find out all the details about the 2021 World Championships, taking place in Chicago.

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

• 103 posts
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
I have scheduled a single elimination bracket tournament for the WCT Champion's League tournament. This is a Second Edition Standard Constructed tournament. Players must have earned at least 50 WCT Lifetime points to be eligible to participate, and must pre-register on or before Friday, August 1st.

The tournament will be Wednesday, August 13th, at 9 PM Eastern. It will be at or near GenCon or the hotel, with the exact location to be determined very soon.

Questions? Concerns? Let me know.

-crp
Ambassador
By Comicbookhero (Michael Moskop)
 - Ambassador
 -  
I probably will just be getting into Indy around that time so I won't be able to make it, but I do want to thank you, Charlie, for setting this up on the fly. I might come and say hello though since I will be picking up con badges for myself and my wife.

EDIT: I think I should be able to make it! I need to shore up some plans, but if my wife meets me when I get off of work and we leave for Indy from there, I should be able to make it. Just like last year, the stars align for me.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
The Tournament Listing wrote:WCT Champion's League event. Location @ GenCon TBD. Pre-registration required on or before Friday, August 1st. This will be a single elimination bracket tournament.
How will seeding be determined? I believe in the past this was based on Lifetime League points earned, but want to be sure. Thanks.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
LORE wrote:
The Tournament Listing wrote:WCT Champion's League event. Location @ GenCon TBD. Pre-registration required on or before Friday, August 1st. This will be a single elimination bracket tournament.
How will seeding be determined? I believe in the past this was based on Lifetime League points earned, but want to be sure. Thanks.
I was planning on seeding it as has been done in the past, so lifetime league points.

-crp
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Wow...I'm in first place for league lifetime points and havent really played in over a year. I guess I played too much.

TK

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
MidnightLich wrote:
LORE wrote:
I was planning on seeding it as has been done in the past, so lifetime league points.

-crp
Well, then set a deadline to pre-register and have the bracket posted the Monday before GenCon.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
He did set a deadline. It's August 1st.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
OKCoyote wrote:He did set a deadline. It's August 1st.
That's funny, that you think that John actually READS any of the posts he's replying to. Even when the content he's looking for is quoted right in his own post, that doesn't mean that he's actually read it... ;-)
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Fleet Admiral
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
MidnightLich wrote:I was planning on seeding it as has been done in the past, so lifetime league points.
Thanks. So, we will all have an idea who we are playing ahead of time, but that could get monkey wrenched if someone no-shows.

What's the winner get, again? A bye for Day 1 of 2E Worlds or something?

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 -  
LORE wrote:
MidnightLich wrote:I was planning on seeding it as has been done in the past, so lifetime league points.
Thanks. So, we will all have an idea who we are playing ahead of time, but that could get monkey wrenched if someone no-shows.

What's the winner get, again? A bye for Day 1 of 2E Worlds or something?
As I recall, the prize in previous years has been a bye for both round 1 and round 2 of Day 1 of 2E Worlds.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
2E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
Kaiser wrote:
nobthehobbit wrote:As I recall, the prize in previous years has been a bye for both round 1 and round 2 of Day 1 of 2E Worlds.
I can confirm this at least for the 2012 event.
As can I for last year.

Michael

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
Maelwys wrote:
OKCoyote wrote:He did set a deadline. It's August 1st.
That's funny, that you think that John actually READS any of the posts he's replying to. Even when the content he's looking for is quoted right in his own post, that doesn't mean that he's actually read it... ;-)
Alright, alright, I f*cked up. But it's not like anything about this GenCon schedule deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]