For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By Latrell
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Greetings everyone!

This thread launches the Summer 2016 Block Party: a series of online 1E tournaments focusing on Block play. Last summer these tournaments were successful and I hope to recreate that success this summer. In order to get as many events in during the summer time as we can, the first event begins Monday, June 20th, The FIRST DAY OF SUMMER! All events are set up for three rounds; however, if 8 or more players sign up the round count with be increased to 4.

Standard info plug:
LackeyCCG and Skype are required to play.
Decks may NOT change between rounds.
2 1/2 hour time limit per game.
If 8 or more players pre-register, I'll expand the tournament to 4 rounds.
TD will participate in the tournament only to make and even number of rounds.

Reporting of the events will occur in this thread, so please post results here.

Currently there are 2 events scheduled. I wanted community feedback on what other format variations on Block they would like to see. Last summer we completed a Block@Warp Speed event that used Block cards to construct a wrap speed legal deck. Rules were modified to accommodate the format and the reviews on the event were mostly positive. There have also been Block in the OPEN tournaments that adjust block from OTF to OPEN. Needless to say, there are other ways to play block that may be fun to incorporate into the Summer 2016 Block Party, but I want to hear from you what you would like to see. So let me know!

By Latrell
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Excellent! glad to have you sign up! Hopefully we can get a few more in to the event and have a great tournament.

By Latrell
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Elvees,

The June event is currently underway, I think that is why it redirected you to the July Event...

I can manually add you to the June event if you would like to make our fourth player...

By Latrell
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Ok, for the first Summer 2016 Block Party event we have four players.

Michael Van Breeden (The Ninja Scot)
Jordan Smith (Mogor)
John Paul Vea see (elvees)
Bruce (Captain Parrish)

Since there are four of you, round Robbin will likely be the best way to conduct the rounds. Please schedule you game with each player and post the results by the 18th of July on the discussion post. Please let me know if you have any difficulties scheduling matches.

Thank you and good luck to each of you.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Captain Parrish wrote:Who is my opponent ?
It is round robin so all, I'll be available about five pm MST work week and Saturday and Sunday with a bit of notice

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Because there is exactly 4 players (which is the ideal situation for an online event) you will play 3 games in 3 rounds where you play each and all of the other 3 players in the event.

As such, you can play them in an order that you want or even all the same week, if you can schedule this. We call this situation 'Round Robin'.

All you need to do is build a deck and then try to schedule games, whoever is available when you are, you play until you have completed all your games. Once all games are completed, then the whole thing is submitted. These have concluded very fast in some cases, hopefully it will usually be the case.

By Captain Parrish (Bruce Parrish)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Ok awesome so to everyone my availability this week is limited vacation tommorow and Friday and I'm trying to get one of my online 2e games this weekend. Tonight me and another person in this tourney are doing our OTF complete game . So
My normal availability is after 10 PM eastern any day of the week.

By Latrell
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
The Mad Vulcan wrote:
Because there is exactly 4 players (which is the ideal situation for an online event) you will play 3 games in 3 rounds where you play each and all of the other 3 players in the event.

As such, you can play them in an order that you want or even all the same week, if you can schedule this. We call this situation 'Round Robin'.

All you need to do is build a deck and then try to schedule games, whoever is available when you are, you play until you have completed all your games. Once all games are completed, then the whole thing is submitted. These have concluded very fast in some cases, hopefully it will usually be the case.

Thanks J :thumbsup: :cheersR:
Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

Interested but as you know life is a bit nuts with[…]

I think the scenario was more around things li[…]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]