The next event is going to be a Sealed Warp Speed Voyager-logo Deck Lottery event (with a little bit of No Such Thing As Luck), because there's no technical limit on the number of weird formats you're allowed to smush together.
As always, it will be on a Friday night, it will be in my Twin Cities, MN basement, there will be snacks, and we will be playing 1E when It Is Way Too Late To Be Playing 1E What's Wrong With You I'm Slowly Losing My Mind.
Here's how the event will work:
* I will buy a box of Voyager starters from Hill's Wholesale Gaming.
* Players pick and open a deck at random for the first round.
* You have five minutes to construct a Warp Speed deck out of your starter. (You shouldn't even need that. Voyager Sealed Warp Speed isn't complex or diverse.)
* Warp Speed rules are here: https://www.trekcc.org/op/1e_warpspeedrules.pdf
* Each round has a 30 minute time limit. Yeah, 30-MINUTE FIRST EDITION.
* End of the round, you can either (a) open a new starter or (b) take your opponent's starter. (Your choice.) You MAY NOT play two rounds with the same starter, or you will be sent to the corner.
* There will be another five minutes to build a new deck out of your new starter.
* We are going to play three rounds (NOT TWO). I'm open to a fourth if there's time and people are wanting to, but odds are -- according to my prior experience -- you're going to be sick of Voyager Sealed Warp Speed after three games of it and ready to call it a night.
* End of the night, everybody can take home some of the starters (so if we have 4 players, everybody gets 3 of the 12 starters in the box).
* $5 entry fee covers this and... other prizes???? (I honestly don't know; I have to check my basement for prizes.)
What I need to know is: who wants to come and what dates work for you? It has to be a Friday night in February or early March. It can't be February 8th because I probably won't have the cards from Hill's yet.
We'll most likely start at 8:30, because I know the 9 PM start time has been tough on certain
Other than that, I'm wide open, so come at me with your preferred dates.
"We pledge our loyalty to the Glossary from now until death."
"Then receive this reward from the Glossary. May it keep you strong."