For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

• 109 posts
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
Let's play with the new cards! The Neutral Zone becomes tournament legal on April 10th. So, I'm running a release event!

This tournament has some special requirements for decks, so make sure you check out the tournament page. Expect more deck requirements as TNZ is revealed to us all.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
There are going to be some special rules regarding how to actually use The Squire's Rules to seed dilemmas in Lackey. Some compromises must be made, as this is an unprecedented mechanical change to the seed phase which isn't entirely supported by Lackey. Let me lay out the process here.

This is the order of operations that everyone should follow during the dilemma seed phase:
  1. Move your dilemmas to your Hand pile (where you can see them face-up)
  2. You "Flip card" on all of your dilemmas (this let's them hit the table face-down)
  3. Hide your hand from all players and shuffle (Reveal to All -> NONE & Shuffle)
  4. When you're ready to place dilemmas, you choose and declare a mission
  5. Declare how many dilemmas you're placing
  6. Seed one dilemma at a time, unrevealed, each atop the previous, until you reach that number
  7. Move on to the next mission and repeat
  8. Any remaining dilemmas that you do not seed under an opponent's mission must then be seeded as self-seeds (randomly as above, before other self-seeds)
  9. Choose where to place any other self-seeds (artifacts) as normal, sliding them beneath the dilemma pile(s) as per usual
Duplicated Missions
In the case of duplicated missions (where both players have seeded the same unique mission), the order of operations is the same, with the following adjustments:
  • Duplicated missions have their dilemmas seeded first, before any non-duplicated mission
  • Both players declare the number of dilemmas they will place beneath the mission prior to placing any dilemmas on the table (with the player who first seeded the mission declaring first)
  • Dilemmas from both players are combined as per usual (with the player who first seeded the mission having their dilemma encountered first)
Last edited by JeBuS on Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
Ensign Q wrote:you sure eberlems plugin is updated in time this time?
The cards will all be revealed a week before this tournament starts. So yes, there will be plenty of time for the plugin to update.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:If I play an android deck, can I bypass the rules where you have to use a NZ mission? They don't match...
Appears the rules say you either seed two Neutral Zone missions OR two missions from this set. Assuming that'd mean Planet Mudd and Exo III or whatever :)
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
jrch5618 wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:If I play an android deck, can I bypass the rules where you have to use a NZ mission? They don't match...
Appears the rules say you either seed two Neutral Zone missions OR two missions from this set. Assuming that'd mean Planet Mudd and Exo III or whatever :)
Originally, the rules just stated two NZ missions. JeBuS has since changed them.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote:
Ensign Q wrote:you sure eberlems plugin is updated in time this time?
The cards will all be revealed a week before this tournament starts. So yes, there will be plenty of time for the plugin to update.
it wasnt the last time. it took 3 weeks to have qwho online. and that was only 16 cards.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
Ensign Q wrote:Face down dilemma show always face up for the owner, so that has to get changed as well
That can't change, as it's a limitation of Lackey that once a card hits the table, no matter which way it's facing, the owner can hover and see it. All the rest of the steps were meant to mitigate the owner knowing what they were before they got placed.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote:
Ensign Q wrote:Face down dilemma show always face up for the owner, so that has to get changed as well
That can't change, as it's a limitation of Lackey that once a card hits the table, no matter which way it's facing, the owner can hover and see it. All the rest of the steps were meant to mitigate the owner knowing what they were before they got placed.
I tried your steps and its open to all sorts of cheating. Since you can see the dilemma yourself you can still stack them not randomly.

Especially when you stack them on one mission at once.

I think it would be better to unload them on the table and your opponent seeds them for you and vice versa. You just specify the amount for each given mission.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
So, could we not try to 'add a seat' and load dilemmas to a dummy so that the cards belong to that third 'person' such that they're not visible to either player?

Or just have one's dilemmas in the dyson sphere and one player add yellow and the other add black tokens to missions to indicate the number to randomly pull? Potentially could just do this for those which are eligible for either player to attempt (duplicated/40+ points/ ❖ ).
Last edited by princedetenebres on Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its ef[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a di[…]

Capturing Related

Thank you for the explanation. It's speculative, b[…]

So many of these things are good. But, Orion Synd[…]