For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

• 147 posts
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
As announced earlier this week, the Subspace Series will be coming to the online community all summer long, beginning July 4th and running through roughly Thanksgiving (U.S.) With the recent news that GenCon 2020 slated for August has been cancelled due to COVID-19, the American National Championships that were to transpire in Indianapolis will now be hosted over the airwaves beginning on (U.S.) Independence Day!

First Edition American National Championship
Format: Constructed
Card Pool: Complete
Rules: Official (OTF)

Pairings will be announced in this thread on Fridays. Players have until the following Friday to get together, play and report the result. Results should be reported here or via forum PM to the Tournament Director(s).

- Lackey and a mutually agreed upon voice communication (Skype, Discord, etc.) are required to play
- Rules/Banned cards in effect at the start of the tournament remain in effect throughout
- You may NOT change your decks between rounds
- Deck lists are REQUIRED - please send the deck ID to the Tournament Director(s) upon the conclusion of the event or link it to the tournament page yourself, whichever you prefer
- Wins, Losses, Byes, and Missed Games for un-scheduled / un-played matches over the course of the event will be handled on a case-by-case basis by an outside neutral party
- 105 minute time limit per game (players are highly encouraged to enforce this)

1st Round:
pairings announced: Friday, July 3rd
results due by: Friday, July 10th

2nd Round:
pairings announced: Friday, July 10th
results due by: Friday, July 17th

3rd Round:
pairings announced: Friday, July 17th
results due by: Friday, July 24th

4th Round:
pairings announced: Friday, July 24th
results due by: Friday, July 31st

5th Round:
pairings announced: Friday, July 31st
results due by: Friday, August 7th

Please pre-register on the tournament page (link at the top of this post, or here) on or before Friday, July 3rd. If you have any questions leading up to the event, please post them here.

Good luck, tributes! And may the odds be ever in your favor...
Last edited by LORE on Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Please get yourself registered for US Nationals if you have not already done so. It is looking like a deep field with the winner being anyone's guess. Tune in to find out!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
So is the current errata and ban list what will be in effect for Nationals?

I'm just trying to figure out if the Access Archives degeneracy is worth dealing with or if I'd have more fun playing Return to Farpoint.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
As there are 17 pre-registered, and this will likely go to a 5th round (So up to 7th Aug), could the “not a” Worlds Jon is running be moved slightly so they don’t overlap?
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Armus wrote:So is the current errata and ban list what will be in effect for Nationals?

I'm just trying to figure out if the Access Archives degeneracy is worth dealing with or if I'd have more fun playing Return to Farpoint.
This is correct. I felt it was in the best interest of giving people roughly a month to build new decks knowing any looming bans / errata were not being announced until after it started. Plus... and I will be honest, the chance to host the United States National Championships on the 4th of July was just too good to pass up. :wink:

As to Access Archives, just run it yourselves and duplicate that one! Nobody is going to want to go through 6+ dilemmas, are they?
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
KazonPADD wrote:As there are 17 pre-registered, and this will likely go to a 5th round (So up to 7th Aug), could the “not a” Worlds Jon is running be moved slightly so they don’t overlap?
We will take it under advisement (although the start date was to avoid any august errata)
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Armus wrote:So is the current errata and ban list what will be in effect for Nationals?
Rumor has it the 1E team had a meeting this weekend. I have no knowledge of what went down, but I suppose it is possible additional bans could come down at some point in the next two weeks. So, if anyone is building decks with cards that are on the Watch List right now, please be forewarned.

If you are not and by some chance you already have your deck list finished (are you for real?), you can begin sending them to our secondary T.D. Nick Yankovec. As a 2E exclusive player, Nick has graciously offered to hold all the deck lists until the event concludes as it is highly likely there will be several of us T.D.'s (possibly even myself) playing in this event.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
18 players are signed up, and it looks like we have some invaders from Europe crashing the Independence Day (US) festivities. I think I need to call in some backup from the Frozen Chosen! Paging Commander Joe, Hobie, Boratus, flrazor, PantsoftheTalShiar, Iron Prime, and JamesValEson. You are needed at the Minnesota Nice courtesy phone.

Repeat: paging Commander Joe, Hobie, Boratus, flrazor, PantsoftheTalShiar, Iron Prime, and JamesValEson. You are needed at the Minnesota Nice courtesy phone. Thank you.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
KazonPADD wrote:As there are 17 pre-registered, and this will likely go to a 5th round...
Just now seeing this, and am confused. Both the 1E and 2E gigs were input into the system initially as 5 round gigs. You made me think it was just 4 rounds, but I just now double checked. Both are set for 5. :cheersL:
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
LORE wrote:
KazonPADD wrote:As there are 17 pre-registered, and this will likely go to a 5th round...
Just now seeing this, and am confused. Both the 1E and 2E gigs were input into the system initially as 5 round gigs. You made me think it was just 4 rounds, but I just now double checked. Both are set for 5. :cheersL:
You listed dates for 4 rounds above, not 5.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Attention, tributes, attention...

The Masters kits for all three games arrived at Casa de Chansteby yesterday, and I must say... the foils for all 3 games look gorgeous. Oh, and did I mention the play mats? How silly of me. Yes, we have those too, and the Tribbles ones are especially rad. I'm sorry, you want to know about the other goodies that will be given out at this gig? I don't know what to say... they sure seem weird... if only they had borders... :shifty:

What are you waiting for, get in here and mix it up with the best the World has to offer as the United States Nationals take over the airwaves!
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
18 players are pre-registered with a little over a week until game time. Can we get over 20 for this once in a lifetime US Nationals starting on the 4th of July? Tune in to find out.

What are you waiting for? GET IN HERE!

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
LORE wrote:18 players are pre-registered with a little over a week until game time. Can we get over 20 for this once in a lifetime US Nationals starting on the 4th of July? Tune in to find out.

What are you waiting for? GET IN HERE!
OK OK, The South has entered the fray!

Congrats to Mugato for going 4-0 in the tourna[…]

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't com[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon a[…]

Vulcan Observation icons

That's what I thought. I think the card may not b[…]