For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
As in previous months, there will be an online tournament during the month of October. You can pre-register for this tournament here. The event will follow the usual procedure:

:arrow: Rules

- pairings will be listed in the tournament section of the trekcc.org message boards
- you have one week to arrange and play your game, and to submit your results to the TD
- the use of voice software such as Skype and Ventrilo is encouraged, though using text chat is fine if both players agree.
- three rounds if there are 8 or less players, four rounds if there are more than 8
- the TD will only play if there is an odd number of people, so don't be shy to pre-register if there is an even number of players

:idea: Common People Challenge

Your challenge for the month of October was inspired by William Shatner's rather intriguing cover version of Common People on his album Has-Been.

Mr Shatner challenges you to enter the October Online Tournament with a Common People deck. Such a deck can only include cards that have the printed rarity of

:thumbsup: C (Common),
:thumbsup: U (Uncommon),
:thumbsup: S (Starter), or
:thumbsup: V (Virtual).

:thumbsdown: A card that bears any other rarity designation (R, P, A, AP, VP, D) will make your deck illegal for the Common People Challenge.

Everybody who plays a Common People deck and submits a decklist will receive some prize support provided by Jordan Smith (Mogor) and Johannes Klarhauser (Kaiser).
(prize details to be confirmed, but there will be at least the contents of one tournament kit, several Parek foils and several regular rares up for grabs)

Participating in the Common People challenge is of course completely optional, so if you don't want to build a Common People deck or submit a decklist, just play with a regular deck and have fun - keep in mind that you won't get any prize support, should you choose to do this - sorry!

Happy deck building!

Johannes
Last edited by Kaiser on Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
8 players signed up for the tournament, so no need for me to jump in to make the numbers even.

Here are your pairings for the first round. The player in bold gets the first turn:

braxtont vs eeb3
MatsJn vs TBT
TheMadJester vs The Mad Vulcan
The Ninja Scot vs Mogor

As always, please report the result to me via PM.

Enjoy the tournament!

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Apologies for the delay; I was away for a couple of days, and there were some scheduling conflicts.

Pairings for round two:

MatsJn vs The Mad Vulcan
braxtont vs TBT
TheMadJester vs The Ninja Scot
eeb3 vs Mogor

Player in bold goes first.

Please try to have your results in by Monday, October 26.

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
And here are your pairings for the third and final round. Some players have not reported some of their results; you have until Monday, November 2 to play those games, otherwise I'll have to put it down as a 'missed game'.

Pairings for round two:

The Mad Vulcan vs TBT
MatsJn vs braxtont
Mogor vs TheMadJester
eeb3 vs The Ninja Scot

First-listed player goes first.

Please have your results in by Monday, November 2.

Also, remember that if you want to get prize support, please post your decklist after you've played your last game. Either send it to me directly, or point to a link where I can find it.
We have some nice goodies for you all :)

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks for providing us with prize support, Johannes.

I really enjoyed this format, made for a great tournament.

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
To all who provided a deck list and their shipping address, here is what you will find in your mail within the next week or so:

1x 12R50 Parek Foil
1x 0D1 Harsh Conditions Foil
1x random Promo Foil from 0D2 - 0D13
1x random Series I or II Virtual Promo
2x random Reflection 2.0 reprint foil (incl. 1 Necessary evil reprint foil)
2x random regular rare card from sets 7-14
1x 4VP Bajoran Wormhole Virtual Promo (STCCG 1E)
1x random Lord of the Rings TCG Foil
1x raffle ticket
1x random skill button

Unfortunately, the three-way tie means I had to split up the winner's share. I hope you guys don't mind.

The prizes will go to the mail tomorrow and will hopefully arrive soon.

Thanks again for joining this, and have fun with your prizes!

(Friendly reminder: there was no entry fee for this tournament; if you liked it and want to see more stuff like this in the future, why not donate a few dollars to TCC?)
Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keyword they[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]