The National Championship Events offer year-round opportunities for high level competition outside of the traditional "Road to Worlds." Find out more about a National Event near you!

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By thsch (Thomas Schneider)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The German Nationals weekend will take place in Kassel on the 19th & 20th of June.

Saturday will have a "Warm-up" Regional. And beside the "usual" prizes, the winner will receive a Round 1 bye for the German Nationals.

The National on Sunday will be open for everybody, no preliminary qualification is necessary.

German National Championship
19 & 20 June

CVJM Kassel e.V.
Wolfsschlucht 21
34117 Kassel
Germany
Last edited by thsch on Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
German Nationals is underway!

Sixteen players are fighting for the title, including 3 playing Klingons, 4 playing Cardassians, 1 playing Maquis and 1 playing Cardassians and Maquis.... Add in a TD (nearly) without voice and you should get an interesting tournament...

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Two rounds are played. So far unbeaten: Tobias Rausmann, Tiemo Mittelstedt, Tyler Fultz, and Thorsten Wanek.
Round three will see Tobias vs. Tiemo and Tyler vs. Thorsten.
But with four more rounds to play, nothing is finalized yet. So check back to find out if players whose names do not start with a "T" will become contenders for the title of German Champion 2010!

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
thsch wrote:For those of you that decided not to drive to Kassel...[]
Ha, wish I could be there. German Nationals has a strange habit of always being scheduled right before exams. Anyway, next year there won't be any exams at all, so I might actually be able to make it :)

Btw, since Nationals is today, before Regional season is over, does the Munich Regional next weekend give the winner a Round 1 Bye into Nationals 2011?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Kaiser wrote: Btw, since Nationals is today, before Regional season is over, does the Munich Regional next weekend give the winner a Round 1 Bye into Nationals 2011?
Regionals are giving Byes into Continentals not Nationals...

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
thsch wrote:
Kaiser wrote: Btw, since Nationals is today, before Regional season is over, does the Munich Regional next weekend give the winner a Round 1 Bye into Nationals 2011?
Regionals are giving Byes into Continentals not Nationals...
I know, I asked because I read on the description to yesterday's Kassel tournament that the winner of that Regional will get a Round 1 Bye for today, so I thought I might have missed something. Was that only a special prize for the Kassel Regional then?

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
You guys are really throwing up a good tournament. :D

As TD, are you playing?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Iron Mike wrote:You guys are really throwing up a good tournament. :D
Thanks! Come over for Worlds and figure out yourself how awesome our tournaments are!
Iron Mike wrote:As TD, are you playing?
No, I am only judging.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
1E American National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
2E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
thsch wrote:For those of you that decided not to drive to Kassel, here is what you miss:
Prizes.jpg
You get me a car that can drive me from Cedar Rapids, IA to the German National Championship and I would've been there ;-)

Michael,
now two more time zones closer to Worlds than before.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Tyler and Tobias were victorious and are facing each other in round 4 in a game that could be the preliminary final.
Meanwhile last year's finalist Michael Mittelstedt is trying to recover from losses in round 1 and 2.
Tiemo Mittelstedt, Thorsten Wanek, Jens Petritzki, Kathleen Fultz, Tjark Ott, and Carsten Hartmann all have only one loss so far and are still aiming for the final.

Three more rounds (and a final) to go. Who will become German Champion 2010?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Kaiser wrote:
thsch wrote: Regionals are giving Byes into Continentals not Nationals...
I know, I asked because I read on the description to yesterday's Kassel tournament that the winner of that Regional will get a Round 1 Bye for today, so I thought I might have missed something. Was that only a special prize for the Kassel Regional then?
Sorry, overlooked that one. Yes, the Round 1 Bye given out yesterday was a special prize for the National Warm-Up tournament.

Good mornin' lads, just got me thinking: What w[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]